New Vision 1.5 using D3d 10 and Shifter 1.8.4 compability

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Elias79
Thug

New Vision 1.5 using D3d 10 and Shifter 1.8.4 compability

Post by Elias79 »

When i install New vision it replaces the DeusEx.exe and that is when Shifter stops working, i can still see Shifter 1.8.4 in the version info at main menu but the skill rewards do no longer work
due to the new exe i know its the exe that does it and not something else because after i installed New vision with the d3d 10 renderer and kenties launcher it changes the size of the exe file
so if in theory i would disable d3d 10 and kenties lacher it might work but then i would not be able to fully use New vision anymore :(

Please help.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: New Vision 1.5 using D3d 10 and Shifter 1.8.4 compabilit

Post by bobby 55 »

Erm, New Vision only changes textures. Have you followed the instructions in the Shifter readme regarding installation? I know that's a dumb question but New Vision doesn't change any gameplay assets. Maybe you have to change the name of the new Kentie's exe to Shifter....I can't recall sorry.

Edit: Shifter only changes DeusEx.U file, so disregard my renaming question :oops: , ...have you any other mods installed that change that particular file?
Last edited by bobby 55 on Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Elias79
Thug

Post by Elias79 »

bobby 55 wrote:Erm, New Vision only changes textures. Have you followed the instructions in the Shifter readme regarding installation? I know that's a dumb question but New Vision doesn't change any gameplay assets. Maybe you have to change the name of the new Kentie's exe to Shifter....I can't recall sorry.
Im an very sorry as i now have found the problem yes you are 100% correct New Vision only changes textures, how ever Kentie's exe is the problem here everything works if i never installed
the custom launcher, the directx 10 renderer works but the launchers makes certain mods fail, shiftier for example, im not sure if every feauter fails but 100% sure the skill system stops working.

The exe seems to be a huge problem in some version of Deus ex as its the same reason HDTP fails with steam unless you use another exe file.

So to recap Kentie's exe and the all the revision exe use the same code base and both fails when using shifter, ie the skill bonus system does not work anymore.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yikes, It's been a while since I played Shifter. So installing the new exe before installing Shifter makes no difference?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Elias79
Thug

Post by Elias79 »

bobby 55 wrote:Yikes, It's been a while since I played Shifter. So installing the new exe before installing Shifter makes no difference?
Yes the install order makes no difference at all, the Kentie's exe is the culprit here and revision exe does not work either as it uses the same code base, any programmer here that could point out the differences in the code to us players and explain why it's not compatible with Shifter's skill point bonus system, maybe these things could be a potential issue with the new revision mod if some features of biomod will not work properly.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

What's probably happening is that Kentie's launcher is reading old .ini files from My Documents\Deus Ex. Try renaming that folder temporarily and test with Kentie's launcher again and see if that does it.

The current Revision.exe is just Kentie's exe with our name on it.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Elias79
Thug

Post by Elias79 »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:What's probably happening is that Kentie's launcher is reading old .ini files from My Documents\Deus Ex. Try renaming that folder temporarily and test with Kentie's launcher again and see if that does it.

The current Revision.exe is just Kentie's exe with our name on it.
I wish that was true, archived it and deleted the folder still the same problems.