New Vision beta release - download inside!

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: New Vision beta release - download inside!

Post by DaveW »

Nameless Voice wrote:How much trouble would it be to fix the most glaring transparency issues (e.g. the UNATCO logo) in the current release?
As simple as changing the properties in the texture families in UnrealEd and resaving?

(I really should just go and try it before asking, shouldn't I?
They won't open in UnrealED anymore, I'm sure I'll have the "final" New Vision out by October/November time, so it shouldn't be too long to wait.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

DaveW wrote:
Nameless Voice wrote:How much trouble would it be to fix the most glaring transparency issues (e.g. the UNATCO logo) in the current release?
As simple as changing the properties in the texture families in UnrealEd and resaving?

(I really should just go and try it before asking, shouldn't I?
They won't open in UnrealED anymore, I'm sure I'll have the "final" New Vision out by October/November time, so it shouldn't be too long to wait.
I'm looking forward to it when you get it done! Don't forget to take some time for yourself between working on it... and actually enjoy your summer... Sept comes early... so does uni... :-S
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
From the 7th World

Post by From the 7th World »

SOMEBODY TELL ME I'M STUPID!
(On second thought, DON'T)

I made a comparison between the two directories and then noticed that there are a few files less in the NV folder than in the original. So i copied the missing files over, and it worked. Sorry for that.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Heh, fair enough. Easy mistake to make.

Enjoy New Vision :)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Just downloaded NV from File Front.It took two and a half hours but it's worth every second.I try to refrain from using Aussie idioms on these forums but to truly express myself it's a bloody ripper mate.I had turned gamma up a bit pre installation(so i could see) now i'll have to turn it down again to make sure i'm in shadow. Great work and eagerly awaiting finished product. =D>
Edit: Playing Deus Ex not TNM
extra edit: Thanks for "tidying up" Anna's eye.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

Still on track for something in that relative area/year?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Ebenezer Grymm wrote:
Still on track for something in that relative area/year?
See this topic.

TL;DR, probably. Who knows.

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to provide a mirror that has DL resume, or a torrent? Third world connections ftl.

Great work on the mod, and I can't wait to try it out.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I don't know any hosts that allow resumed DL's - if you know one I'd be happy to upload to it though.

Post by Guest »

DaveW wrote:I don't know any hosts that allow resumed DL's - if you know one I'd be happy to upload to it though.
Can't you host it on this site perhaps? Or an FTP and then PM the logins to people you wish to use it?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

DaveW wrote:I don't know any hosts that allow resumed DL's - if you know one I'd be happy to upload to it though.
Would it not be easier to split the download up into smaller fragments? That way you can upload it anywhere, but still allow a sorts of resumed DL's. I mean 9 files at 100 MB should be more manageable for some.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum

Post by Guest »

Yeah thats a great solution. If it could be split to even smaller parts, I would be happy. South Africa doesnt enjoy the best Internet connection.

Sorry for posting under guest, I keep getting an error when registering, so I emailed the board administrator.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Wasn't there a race between a Racing Pigeon and South African Internet and the pigeon won?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Iori.snk
Mole Person

Post by Iori.snk »

yeah, though to be fair, the pidgeon would always win. Just stack SD cards like a crazy person.

So, finally got an account. No more confirmation things for me :D.

DaveW, could you possibly upload smaller bits of the beta somewhere? Say 50 or 80 meg pieces?

EDIT: It would be silly to go through all this effort to get the beta, when the final is due within a few months of so (God willing of course).
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

What would be better x-mas gift?
;)
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.