The Latest - State of the project

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Salk
UNATCO

Re: The Latest - State of the project

Post by Salk »

Thanks for the update, DaveW! Much appreciated! :smile:
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

In terms of release, I'd imagine mid-March sometime. I have a lot of stuff to film at the end of this month so it could be awkward trying to package it about the same time. Might be possible, though.

But, there is something that has come up that could mean this will take longer. I won't elaborate yet.

Post by Guest »

One month to go!
:mrgreen:
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

siiiick
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DaveW wrote:But, there is something that has come up that could mean this will take longer. I won't elaborate yet.
Will you please update us about this when you can tell us more?

Thanks!
BoggyP
NSF

Post by BoggyP »

DaveW wrote:In terms of release, I'd imagine mid-March sometime. I have a lot of stuff to film at the end of this month so it could be awkward trying to package it about the same time. Might be possible, though.

But, there is something that has come up that could mean this will take longer. I won't elaborate yet.
Is it even possible to fathom that you would want to plan to release it along side hdtp which you would assist in their 'crossing the t's and dotting the i's' which seems close to completion as well?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Salk wrote:
DaveW wrote:But, there is something that has come up that could mean this will take longer. I won't elaborate yet.
Will you please update us about this when you can tell us more?

Thanks!

What you see here is technically very cool and impressive. Only to the untrained eye does it look like the renderer going crazy and painting black over everything.
BoggyP wrote:Is it even possible to fathom that you would want to plan to release it along side hdtp which you would assist in their 'crossing the t's and dotting the i's' which seems close to completion as well?
I can't really say, I have no idea how close to completion HDTP is. I had considered it as a possibility, yes, but I think New Vision will be finished sooner.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Wow, DaveW!

My eyes are not surely very trained but I can say I am impressed nonetheless! How did you reach such result?
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

I',m just very happy that the project is still going and alive.
:D
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Salk wrote:Wow, DaveW!

My eyes are not surely very trained but I can say I am impressed nonetheless! How did you reach such result?
I still have no idea what's going on.
SleepyHe4d
Thug

Post by SleepyHe4d »

loony636 wrote:
Salk wrote:Wow, DaveW!

I still have no idea what's going on.
Looks like bump mapping or some other kind of lighting or shading trick, but I have no idea really. xD
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Maybe. My mouth is shut on that, but, a more complete trick:

Non-modders won't think this is spectacular, but that's a real alpha map. I'll be able to re-do some of the textures like the Ton Hotel signs etc. and make them look far better than the originals thanks to this. I've been swamped with Uni work this week so I haven't had much time to experiment, this is all I managed.

This is all possible thanks to Marijn, who has created a DirectX 10 Renderer for Deus Ex. I've been in contact with him for the past few weeks and he's making workarounds to enable new techniques that were previously impossible. The downside is that these are D3D10 only effects, so you'll need Vista or Win7 to use them (plus a compatible card).
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Curses, I do not own a DX10 compatible OS. Oh well, as I assume you'll release a version that's compatible with my oldschool OS? :P
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Not unless someone making a renderer for D3D9 adds support, which is unlikely because it seems that this is the only one still in development. D3D10 is much simpler than 9, which is why Marijn chose to write support for it (making it a more streamlined renderer) - so I doubt he'll write a version for 9.

Post by Guest »

OH NOES!
#-o