Just finished playiing it...thoughts...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

weaselone
Mole Person

Just finished playiing it...thoughts...

Post by weaselone »

Firstly, can I just say a big fat thank you for this Deus Ex expansion pack (whcih is what it is in reality, because its sooo huge)! So thanks a lot for that.

The level of difficulty was just about right for me...the puzzles were not overlllllly difficult (though for some reason I did find the PDX storyline much more puzzley and difficult than Worldcorp - possibly because I did PDX first). A few times I had to browse the forums for help.....but it was mostly okay. Some thoughts though:

1. Playing PDX and going through the excavataion site. I got the firestaff, came back out to the jumping section, and then the final jump I could not make. Not at all. It appears that the final jump (from to the place where you get to the ladder is not possible without the legs augmentation). I don't know whether there is another way out or not....but that appeared to be the only way I could see out of there. (Regardless of whether you back track from the firestaff, or whether you go via the blue screen that comes down behind the computer when you get the firestaff, eventually you come to it) Ummm a screenshot would probably be useful:

2. When King asks you to locate Zeroprescence, and you do so, if you go back to him he says "I wish I could find someone to kill him". Now I have not completed the worldcorp storyline yet, but I went looking for him (before you get sent to the ATC) and I could not find him. Was that a hint or not?

3. I got really angry after taking out all the guards in the PDX storyline and saving Silverdragon, and then King had the nerve to start swearing at me. So I was all like..I am not having any of this..so I went through all the levels in the building, grabbed myself a nice cloak augmentation, armed myself with a LAM....then I managed to put one against Kings right hand wall....exited and then kablewwy. Guards started rushing after me..I ran down the stairs, and suddenly I find myself int he prescence of The Entity talking about constructs. What a great idea :)

4. Playing on painful difficulty, my favourite method of taking down augmented people, still has to be The White Phosphorous Rocket....in the ruins I killed ZeroPrescence with one shot of that...same thing with Kylie in the ship. Any number of people cannot seem to block it.

5. I just got Deus Diablo's sword and boy am I loving that!! Cloak...sneak up behind someone and smack...they are gone. Abomination and Beefman fell that way after I had completed all their llama missions. (Hey if I am going to be playing for a meglomaniac you got to expect some of it to come my way...and when it was not forthcoming after I killed Athena...I said none of this now..one stroke from the sword for each of them and the deed was done :) )

Favourite bit of dialgoue: I think it was Treskton talking to the Keso Suva after you get him from the terrorist guys...and your in the basement with him. And he says something like, Thanks a lot for helping me escape...I will do anything you want to...umm but no sexual favours. I just cracked up laughing :lol: .

I still think there is a whole lot more for me to explore...but its been a lot of fun so far. So many thanks.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Just finished playiing it...thoughts...

Post by Jonas »

Hey thanks a lot for your comments. I gotta say though, that jump is totally possible without the aug - just tricky ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Heft
Mole Person

Post by Heft »

Is it possible to make that jump carrying a body? Specifically, ZeroPresence's unconscious body? I had the idea of carrying him all the way back to PDX (just finished my first run through, on the PDX side of things), and I got all the way to that last jump, and I only barely make it without the body, though that still seemed more luck anyway.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

You can't carry his body out of DXI.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You can, actually, but you shouldn't be able to. Unfortunately the way to fix that once and for all is sufficiently ugly that I'd rather leave it in.

You may need the speed enhancement aug though.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Heft
Mole Person

Post by Heft »

Yea, I had Run Silent. I'll do it whenever I have time to play through again, at least whenever I do PDX again. Just for funsies.