Space tech, ABI

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Dave
Thug

Space tech, ABI

Post by Dave »

Okay, so i just activated the Leviathan. It murdered all my WC allies in the vicinity, and then got stuckbehind the computer desk and rotated for a while, before eventually standing down.

I've got the impression it was supposed to help me storm the barricades? Anyway, i went through each barricade myself, and now im at a masssive unopenable green door, was the leviathan meant to destroy that for me? The only way i can see to continue is by ghosting, or am i missing something here?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Space tech, ABI

Post by Jaedar »

Yeah the leviathan is supposed to do all of it for you. The funny thing is that the first time I used it, it worked flawlessly, but the other two times, the leviathan would get hiccups and get stuck in the walls and I'd have to ghost through.
It is supposed to kill everyone up unto the launch bay.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Dave
Thug

Post by Dave »

Thanks a lot for the helpfuil info.

I've now reloaded the same section about 5 times and everytime the Leviathan just gets stuck. I think this is a broken part of the game which you guys should probably look out for in patch 1.0.3 :/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Try picking up anything that would get in its way - dropped assault rifles from exploded people etc.

This section works 99 times out of 100, I'm guessing you've saved after something has been dropped which just happens to block its path. Usually it can actually walk around or over such items, but I guess you got really unlucky :?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:Try picking up anything that would get in its way - dropped assault rifles from exploded people etc.

This section works 99 times out of 100, I'm guessing you've saved after something has been dropped which just happens to block its path. Usually it can actually walk around or over such items, but I guess you got really unlucky :?
I guess there is no chance of making the walkway wider (especially the turns) to make the navigation easier?
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That's not the problem, so making it wider wouldn't solve it. Unreal's shitty path finding is the problem, and there's no fixing that.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dave
Thug

Post by Dave »

Actually, im reloading from just before i open the trapdoor, so no luck there.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Why not? That should be fine.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Dave wrote:Actually, im reloading from just before i open the trapdoor, so no luck there.
Just ghost it is way easier.
odio ergo sum
Dave
Thug

Post by Dave »

No the point im making is its not something already on the ground. I reloaded 5 times from before i opened the trapdoor and the Leviathan wouldn't do its routine.
This isn't a complaint mind, i still think its the best mod i've ever played by a long way. Just letting you know there is more of a problem than you think.