Goat Temple Secret...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Heretic
Thug

Re: Goat Temple Secret...

Post by Heretic »

Now, could anyone give me a hint what shall I do after I've read Ominous Tome? Is there a chance to decipher who AOM is? Where shall I start looking?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

SPOILERS:
http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/The_Initiated

As for AOM, see the discussion of said page.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Heretic
Thug

Post by Heretic »

Thanks, Hunter! :)
Whiplash
Thug

Post by Whiplash »

thanks guys :lol: i never would have untangled it all without this thread.

I always thought that Large Tome in Yardbombs shop was just another load of irrelevant weirdness, like the eyeballs and monkey skulls in the shop and the two 'dead' guys.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

So is this The Big TNM Secret? Or is it something else?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Nah, this is old, this was found ages ago (though I'm pretty sure it was found by cheating, tsk).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Well I didn't technically cheat to it. I googled "raise thyself towards radiant light", and that brought me to the Initiated wiki page, and then I just tested all the lights in the Goat Templae (which was surprisingly easy; like someone else said, I just seemed to be drawn towards the right one. Weird). Meh, at least I didn't use iamspyguy.

So if this isn't the Big TNM Secret, what is? And who said there even was a Big TNM Secret in the first place? I was always under the impression that it was to do with the Tome book thing, but apparantly not, so it looks like I'm back at square one.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Well I didn't technically cheat to it.
Yeah but you weren't the first guy to find it, I believe Chris the Cynic was. And he was ghosting around at the time.
So if this isn't the Big TNM Secret, what is? And who said there even was a Big TNM Secret in the first place? I was always under the impression that it was to do with the Tome book thing, but apparantly not, so it looks like I'm back at square one.
I presumed you were talking about the apparently single undiscovered TNM secret, which I will never disclose. Which is also probably going to be a major disappointment if it's ever discovered, after all this hype :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Jonas wrote: I presumed you were talking about the apparently single undiscovered TNM secret, which I will never disclose. Which is also probably going to be a major disappointment if it's ever discovered, after all this hype :P
Hmm, if it's going to be a disappointment, does that imply that it's hardly a Big Secret at all, but rather a small easter egg type thing (e.g. the DX3 posters)? People may already have found it, but not have known of its importance.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, in fact quite the opposite: I think it's the only secret in TNM which is actually a traditional blatant secret - all the secrets in TNM are generally motivated in the fiction, ie. they're secrets that somebody within the game world is ostensibly responsible for (such as the Goat Templae secret which was hidden there by the conspirators involved) or even the results of accidents (such as the several times throughout the mod where you find dead people with goodies in tunnels and maintenance areas).

This one has no possible justification, it's just a secret that one of the developers added to the game. That's probably why it hasn't been found yet, too: its existence makes no sense.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Interesting :-k

Sounds like a meta-event type thing to me. Along the lines of invisible sandwich etc. Are we allowed to ask you for more clues, or are you remaining silent?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I've already said too much.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:I've already said too much.
I beleive someone has already found it and just not realized it. This is even more likely since the secret ostensibly makes no sense, and is therefore more likely to be ignored.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I think it's a homage to a movie, but not as obvious as others in the game. Although I'm keeping my eye out for something Deus Ex related.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:I beleive someone has already found it and just not realized it. This is even more likely since the secret ostensibly makes no sense, and is therefore more likely to be ignored.
Nope, as I said, this is the most obviously secret secret in the game. If you find this one, you're definitely going to know you've found a secret.

That said, it's certainly possible somebody who doesn't visit these forums has found it and just not told anybody.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine