TNM 1.0.4+

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Re: TNM 1.0.4+

Post by ggrotz »

Since I don't see mention of these.

1) WC mission at ABI. Scara says "well that was a little premature ... " after you burn the files and then says "ha I knew ... burn these files." afterwards.

2) Can anything be done with the near impossible to get into duct in the space station for the PDX mission (go down to the basement to shut down the AI)?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

1) Ehm... no? This is the convo: "That was expedient! I'm a little annoyed that I'll never know what sort of filth he had on me, but I'll let you off the hook this time. Well done, Ticktack, hopefully that'll teach the little prick not to mess with me." and downloading the files on the PC after that does nothing. So, what did you do?
(Perhaps downloaded the files WHEN they were burning?)

2) No. I leave mapping difficulties to mappers.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

For the duct, you just have to jump before you enter it.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

What? I think you guys talk about 2 different ducts here.

Ggrotz mentions the one after the small spiderbot, down the stairs, beyond the areas with mini-aliens. You have to wiggle a bit left-right to exit that vent upside.
AgentSmithereens talks about the one in the NSC in the "Nietschze Room".

Or do I misunderstand either of you guys?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Ggrotz mentions the one after the small spiderbot, down the stairs, beyond the areas with mini-aliens. You have to wiggle a bit left-right to exit that vent upside.
I'm talking about the 2nd vent area you encounter going down to the AI core terminal. The first one you can usually jump into okay, but the 2nd one is where you climb up and there's no room to jump. Had to ghost through that area several times out of frustration.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

No, I'm talking about the same one ggrotz is talking about (or at least in the same area, certainly not the one with Shadowcode). You do just jump and you'll get in.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

AgentSmithereens wrote:No, I'm talking about the same one ggrotz is talking about (or at least in the same area, certainly not the one with Shadowcode). You do just jump and you'll get in.
Actually you are not. At the one I'm talking about, you are incapable of jumping because there is a ceiling rendered directly overhead. All there is room for is to crawl.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

ggrotz wrote:At the one I'm talking about, you are incapable of jumping because there is a ceiling rendered directly overhead.
Actually the rendering isn't your problem, the collision detection is.

*Runs away giggling*
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Bug: Beefman's little contraption toggles without checking state. Since the player can turn it on and off from outside the field...

Reproduce: The player can turn on the field from outside, and leave and do whatever (after the "hail trestkon, I must confer with thee..." conversation is the first opportunity). Upon return when the Llamas can be made hostile or are hostile, Beefman's box of ouch can be activated, and turn OFF the field, leaving Beefman vulnerable to a quick death. If you destroy the turrets, then the field will be toggled ON, making it impossible to assassinate Beefman without a vortex grenade.

The fix is as stated in the first paragraph. Check the state before you change it.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Another one that I encounter once in a great while for some reason.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

That's kinda neat, zeropresence asbestos suit. Helps even the odds when Trest doesn't do the fire dance.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Even more entertaining was a screen shot that didn't take (I guess you can't do it in conversations?) I got of Kylie on fire while talking to Trestkon. Too bad, because it was pretty funny.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I suppose no one even mentioning the links to 1.0.4+ being dead since 1 March is an indiciation of the popularity of my patch :(.

Still, for the few who do care, a new version (and new link) shouldn't take too long.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Clearly everyone already has it.