TNM 1.0.4+

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Morpheus
X-51

Re: TNM 1.0.4+

Post by Morpheus »

Another two. First, I put the laser mod on the blowpipe, but the laser doesn't activate when I press the right button (not the right arrow button but the button that is right to activate the laser), it does on other weapons that have it, but don't see the red dot with the blowpipe with laser mod on it.

When talking to Ghandiah, when he mentions about being on fire (first time you enter PDX when you work for Kashue and talk to him then), Ghandiah says "OH GOD IT BURNS! AAAAGGGHHH! TOO MUCH BURNING!" then Trestkon says (text) "Oh God! Someone get a fire extinguisher!" but the audio is different (audio) "Do you want me to get you a fire extinguisher?"

BTW, the TNM security cameras that are hostile to you, don't do anything when you walk right under or past them. Old ones do though, they sound alarms and beep. Best security measures ever, cameras that don't do anything =D> (or am I missing something here?)..edit well it turns out one in ABI actually worked, most before then I have seen either were not hostile towards me or didn't work like ones in DXI.
Last edited by Morpheus on Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Uhm... the blow pipe doesn't accept a laser mod :?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Jonas wrote:Uhm... the blow pipe doesn't accept a laser mod :?
Doesn't seem like they are meant to have one, how can something blown use a laser to guide it? Anyway, thats strange mine did and always did proir to 1.0.4+ (but this is only playthrough I played with the laser mod installed on it, with this 1.0.4+ patch and just wanted to see what it did, apparently nothing):
Bamboo laser
Bamboo laser
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

All right, it's now pretty clear that your game hasn't been patched properly. The bug with the blow pipe accepting a laser mod was fixed in patch 1.0.3. Something must've gone wrong when you installed the patch - beats me what, though.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Ok, well found out the laser does work on the blowpipe BUT the laser dot stays in one place while you can move around and the laser doesn't move until un-equipt the blowpipe or turn off the laser, but wherever the laser dot lands, it stays there. Not a problem though, don't plan on using the blowpipe with the laser on.

No idea whats up either.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Morpheus wrote:Ok, well found out the laser does work on the blowpipe BUT the laser dot stays in one place while you can move around and the laser doesn't move until un-equipt the blowpipe or turn off the laser, but wherever the laser dot lands, it stays there. Not a problem though, don't plan on using the blowpipe with the laser on.

No idea whats up either.
When you load the game does the version number under the menu read as 1.04 or 1.04+? Sorry to be a bother, but this is driving me batshit. I know it shouldn't but it does. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

bobby 55 wrote:
Morpheus wrote:Ok, well found out the laser does work on the blowpipe BUT the laser dot stays in one place while you can move around and the laser doesn't move until un-equipt the blowpipe or turn off the laser, but wherever the laser dot lands, it stays there. Not a problem though, don't plan on using the blowpipe with the laser on.

No idea whats up either.
When you load the game does the version number under the menu read as 1.04 or 1.04+? Sorry to be a bother, but this is driving me batshit. I know it shouldn't but it does. :P
As Jonas said, mines messed up, it says 1.0.0
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Morpheus wrote:
Thanks, did you patch 1.02 before applying 1.04 and 1.04+? Just furthering my education here. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

bobby 55 wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Thanks, did you patch 1.02 before applying 1.04 and 1.04+? Just furthering my education here. :)
Uh no, I just used 1.0.3 patch then 1.0.4 then 1.0.4+ so I suppose I needed 1.0.2 patch then? We really need one patch that does everything to solve issue this this. Well you don't really, but it would have been good to have known I needed the earlier patches to get the later ones to work properly.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You don't.

Typically installing 1.0.0 and then putting 1.0.4 (and optionally 1.0.4+) on top of it works just fine.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Before i begin, i'm running DX:GOTY 1112FM, New Vision, and DX10 renderererer, 1.0.4 install, to 1.0.4+ patch.

Now that i finally got through a run of 1.0.4+, i thought i'd post a few niggling things i found. Unfortunately, i haven't got a screenshot, so my description will have to suffice.

If you choose to take NVShacker's sidequest to get the free subway pass, and KO Alpha before you log into the computer at the apartment, you get the appropriate message that acknowledges that, but when you leave the apartments to claim your pass, NVShacker PM's you again telling you to go to the apartment and upload the program, which is odd, cause you already did that.

In an earlier post i said that i didn't run into ZP before storming PDX. It turns out, i just never walked by the train station i was supposed to meet him at. I was never told to meet him there, and i don't remember a PM telling you to do so, so i suppose it's entirely possible for someone to miss him on their way to PDX. For example, if you use Yardbomb's voodoo gates, and just run right at PDX, you'll miss ZP altogether. Dunno if that was intentional or not, but there it is.

When you're sent to kill Phas and he dumps all your stuff in the lobby, if you have something in your hand, like a pistol or the DTS, that item will get stuck in the space that you occupy. So, you know how if you look down, you see that little circular shadow that represents you, the item that had been in your hand will be somewhere between your head and the floor; generally ending up somewhere in your torso. It won't be in the pile of stuff that's in the lobby, and it won't show up in your inventory either. If you leave the apartment building, that item will be back in your inventory safe and sound. Not sure if this happens with medkits/biocells, etc, but it does happen with items that you actually have your hands on. Now that i think of it, i don't see why it wouldn't happen with medkits/biocells either. There doesn't seem to be much distinction between items with hands and items without. Of course, i could be wrong such as it is.

Now for the biggie. I'm not sure if this is just my frustrated mind playing tricks on me but in the room on the Gamespy space station on level 4, where you're supposed to rotate all those catwalks, i don't think they're working right. Here's where i wish i could take screenshots, so please bear with me, and thank you very much for trudging on. Okay, so the four monitors each shows one of catwalks, the stright ones are pretty straight forward, but the L shaped ones mess with me. For instance, the first L shaped catwalk, that's the second catwalk down, its original orientation is a regular L, but the ladder for that level is on the other side, so you need to orient the catwalk to be a reverse L, so, i press the corresponding button so that the picture orients itself to reverse L, but the actual catwalk is at reverse upsidedown L, not reverse L. I press the button again, and then it finally reaches reverse L.

The second L catwalk did the same thing. Now, i don't remember if that was intentional or not, but i was of the impression that if you pressed a button to go to a certain orientation it would just do that. Now, i did press a whole bunch of the other buttons trying to figure out which one was the one i wanted, so that may have had something to do with my glitch, but every time i tried (i died a fair amount in that segment), it always acted the same way. I had to push the correct orientation button a few times for the catwalk to get to that position.

Otherwise, the game was solid. Time for round two!
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Thehotdogman wrote:If you choose to take NVShacker's sidequest to get the free subway pass, and KO Alpha before you log into the computer at the apartment, you get the appropriate message that acknowledges that, but when you leave the apartments to claim your pass, NVShacker PM's you again telling you to go to the apartment and upload the program, which is odd, cause you already did that.
May not be in a position to fix that properly since we lost the conversation files for 1.0.4+, but I can look into it.
In an earlier post i said that i didn't run into ZP before storming PDX. It turns out, i just never walked by the train station i was supposed to meet him at. I was never told to meet him there, and i don't remember a PM telling you to do so, so i suppose it's entirely possible for someone to miss him on their way to PDX. For example, if you use Yardbomb's voodoo gates, and just run right at PDX, you'll miss ZP altogether. Dunno if that was intentional or not, but there it is.
Yeah it's not a big deal if you miss out on him, he's just a side thing. Suppose it would've been nice to tell you to meet him at the subway station, but he's meant to sort of find you, rather than the other way around.
When you're sent to kill Phas and he dumps all your stuff in the lobby, if you have something in your hand, like a pistol or the DTS, that item will get stuck in the space that you occupy. So, you know how if you look down, you see that little circular shadow that represents you, the item that had been in your hand will be somewhere between your head and the floor; generally ending up somewhere in your torso. It won't be in the pile of stuff that's in the lobby, and it won't show up in your inventory either. If you leave the apartment building, that item will be back in your inventory safe and sound. Not sure if this happens with medkits/biocells, etc, but it does happen with items that you actually have your hands on. Now that i think of it, i don't see why it wouldn't happen with medkits/biocells either. There doesn't seem to be much distinction between items with hands and items without. Of course, i could be wrong such as it is.
I don't want to mess anymore with this, sorry - this bug will just have to stay in :(
Now for the biggie. I'm not sure if this is just my frustrated mind playing tricks on me but in the room on the Gamespy space station on level 4, where you're supposed to rotate all those catwalks, i don't think they're working right. Here's where i wish i could take screenshots, so please bear with me, and thank you very much for trudging on. Okay, so the four monitors each shows one of catwalks, the stright ones are pretty straight forward, but the L shaped ones mess with me. For instance, the first L shaped catwalk, that's the second catwalk down, its original orientation is a regular L, but the ladder for that level is on the other side, so you need to orient the catwalk to be a reverse L, so, i press the corresponding button so that the picture orients itself to reverse L, but the actual catwalk is at reverse upsidedown L, not reverse L. I press the button again, and then it finally reaches reverse L.

The second L catwalk did the same thing. Now, i don't remember if that was intentional or not, but i was of the impression that if you pressed a button to go to a certain orientation it would just do that. Now, i did press a whole bunch of the other buttons trying to figure out which one was the one i wanted, so that may have had something to do with my glitch, but every time i tried (i died a fair amount in that segment), it always acted the same way. I had to push the correct orientation button a few times for the catwalk to get to that position.
Are you sure you're not just looking at them wrong? I just tested, and the platforms correspond just fine to the scripted textures. It could be a question of which way appears to be "down" to you in the cylinder? You know how the default position on the monitors is the L position? When you walk right out of the door, the platforms should be in the L position when looking at them from the airlock. In this regard, they're sort of rotated 90 degrees compared to their displayed orientation on the monitors.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

If you rapidly press the number items, then indeed the actual position and shown position may be different.

Solution; Wait for the platforms to STOP MOVING before pressing other buttons.

Another solution may be to make the buttons unpressable for the duration of the rotation, but I don't know how feasable that is...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well... there's no simple way to do that. Buttons have a built-in reset time, but they only count for the button itself, so if you push button 2 on a platform, I can only disable button 2 until the platform stops moving again, I can't also disable the other three buttons. I'm sure there's a way to code it up, but I'm not entirely certain it's worth it :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Hassat Hunter wrote: Solution; Wait for the platforms to STOP MOVING before pressing other buttons.
Yeah, this is probably the best way to go about it.

@Jonas: Regarding the lobby dumping bug: it's sorta cool, though, cause in my head i'm all like 'haha, Phas, you couldn't pry this DTS from my inventory; it's that precious to me!!!'.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost