TNM 1.0.4+

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: TNM 1.0.4+

Post by Hassat Hunter »

You mean like this?
http://rapidshare.de/files/48928638/1.0.4__.rar.html

Additional fixes:
* Gives you a PM when knocking down AJ, compared to only when killing him.
* Closes the "Sol's Bomber" goal when killing or knocking down Alpha Operator.
* Closes Winquman's investigation goal when killing him or knocking him down without completing it.
* Closes Jimmycracker's goal when the fanfic shop closes because something happened to walton or Chris.

If someone from OTP would like to DL the original, DL this, then update the files of the original with the new ones (maybe even adding above 4 to the readme) and host it (the new .rar) on the site (since Rapidshare deletes it after 30 days) that would be great.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

wh0a amazing work there.
Grenades Pwn
Mole Person

Post by Grenades Pwn »

This post is mainly for Hassat :P

Nice work modding TNM. Anyway, would you consider the following thing a bug or a feature? In Sol's Bar, there is mainly two people with guns, Jackie and Kylie. If you kill one, your gonna have to kill the other one to be safe in the bar. But the bugish thing is that if Jackie and Kylie are both alive, and you start a fight, and hide, if you wait long enough, they both start shooting at eachother. But that's not allish. During the fight, Jackie often gets out of Kylie's sight, and when that happens, Kylie starts SHOOTING RANDOM PEOPLE, which can end up with AO dead (Worst case) or Kunio Kin dead (Best case =D). But the final bit is when one of them dies, the surviving gunperson will be happy towards you, like nothing happened. Nobody in the bar cares. Well except for the fact that Sol's Bar will close down.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but when you're at level 4 of the space-station and you've just done the leet controls on the computer, when you run back out to the area with the 2 security bots, if you run forward you explode. However if you run backwards you don't explode. I have no idea what happens, but you can sort of see at 8:13 here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uexb6oZzEQY

Another thing I noticed was possible pathing issues causing a dog to go retarded at ABI - 0:21 here, and pretty much all after that.

Not particularly important but if you're going to be further patching the game, I thought I'd point it out.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Grenades Pwn wrote:Kylie starts SHOOTING RANDOM PEOPLE
Pretty sure Jonas has said that this is an unintended feature representing her psychic instability.
Welcome to the forum :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Grenades Pwn wrote:This post is mainly for Hassat :P

Nice work modding TNM. Anyway, would you consider the following thing a bug or a feature? In Sol's Bar, there is mainly two people with guns, Jackie and Kylie. If you kill one, your gonna have to kill the other one to be safe in the bar. But the bugish thing is that if Jackie and Kylie are both alive, and you start a fight, and hide, if you wait long enough, they both start shooting at eachother. But that's not allish. During the fight, Jackie often gets out of Kylie's sight, and when that happens, Kylie starts SHOOTING RANDOM PEOPLE, which can end up with AO dead (Worst case) or Kunio Kin dead (Best case =D). But the final bit is when one of them dies, the surviving gunperson will be happy towards you, like nothing happened. Nobody in the bar cares. Well except for the fact that Sol's Bar will close down.
There are multiple things going on there.

Kylie killing random people is Kylie being Kylie. Jackie trying to kill Kylie who is killing random people is her doing her job.

As for them going friendly when the other dies? Doesn't happen for me. Jackie still wants my blood. Though that could be because my gun was still out. *checks* No, if I kill put my gun away and kill Kylie with tantalus Jackie still hates me.

And it suddenly occurs to me that maybe I'm not waiting long enough. Nevermind.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Grenades Pwn wrote:the surviving gunperson will be happy towards you, like nothing happened.
The others already pointed out there isn't much wrong going on here. This is pretty much standard behavior also seen elsewhere in TNM (and DX). Most people who are friendly who are made hostile return once you lay low for a while.
AgentSmithereens wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or what, but when you're at level 4 of the space-station and you've just done the leet controls on the computer, when you run back out to the area with the 2 security bots, if you run forward you explode. However if you run backwards you don't explode.
Yeah, noticed that explosion many times (and died on occassion). Never knew about the backwards running. May be a trigger issue?
Another thing I noticed was possible pathing issues causing a dog to go retarded at ABI - 0:21 here, and pretty much all after that.
Just be glad that you use 1.0.4. That's the kind of behavior post-1.0.3 that caused the infamous ABI Doberman crashing after all. I've caught dogs stuck on several places, including under the ramp or the pipes to the left of the gate (and had it crash then).
Not particularly important but if you're going to be further patching the game, I thought I'd point it out.
Not really planning. I just did some dialogue and scripting fixes. All the above mentioned (Sol's bar fight, explosion trigger, ABI patrol nodes) would require map-modifying and I aren't touching that anymore after Phas apartment :D. Anyone else willing to make community patch 1.0.5 be my guest though ;).
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Grenades Pwn wrote:This post is mainly for Hassat :P

If AO dies, delete flag alphaoperator_Dead in legend(Otherwise just knock him out when kylie's trying to kill him). And in that, just take out your weapon in the bar behind Kylie then keep talking to her. Alpha will be likely to sound the alarm and then Jackie will come in. Then Jackie will start shooting at you.
Kylie will attack her after hearing 2 shots (regular DX cases, you know -.-) Then they will both fight it out (regularly, Kylie wins), after that, she will start killing the civvies. That's about it.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Boltersdriveer wrote:Otherwise just knock him out when kylie's trying to kill him
You realise that equals AO being dead, right?
(Well, in the PDX storyline.)
Szenario21
Mole Person

Post by Szenario21 »

Hi,

I must admit, that I havent played TNM until now, because I'm playing Deus Ex now for the first time.
But I'm really looking forward to play TNM after I have finished Deus Ex.

I would like to say thanks to Hassat Hunter for still working on that Game.
I hope you will make a new Patch, where you put all the stuff in you did since the latest release.
Thanks again.

Szenario21
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

This looks to be a good little patch here.. Downloading the latest one now! :D
Anymore updates to come? :smile:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Three issues I found, ordered by severity:
1. Destroying the Llama tablets before joining any cult doesn't add the "tablets destroyed" flag, so when joining the goats, the first mission can't be completed.
2. On day 2, Scara's office keypad strength is tagged infinity, yet has the visual presentation of 40%. Probaby a reminiscent of the day 1 keypad.
3. On various ATMs and maybe some other machines, you have "Black ICE" rather than "Black ICE Ver. 1" or "Black ICE Ver. 2". This is a leftover from Deus Ex. Probably should be fixed. Notably, the ATM in Goat City in both days has that.

Fixing the last issue is pretty much busy work, but I thought I should mention it anyway. Anyway, good work so far.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

3. On various ATMs and maybe some other machines, you have "Black ICE" rather than "Black ICE Ver. 1" or "Black ICE Ver. 2". This is a leftover from Deus Ex. Probably should be fixed. Notably, the ATM in Goat City in both days has that.
Wha-? :?: :?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

nerdenstein wrote:Wha-? :?: :?
When hacking, look at the top right corner, where the hacking bar is. There should be the hacking software's name - which is "Black ICE Ver. X", while in Deus Ex the name is just "Black ICE". This is normal.
However, in some instances in TNM the name is also "Black ICE", which is the Deus Ex behaviour, not TNM. So it shouldn't be there.

Again, it's a very little mistake (proof - no one noticed it till now), but I thought I should mention it anyway.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I think you mean "ICE Breaker". Black ICE is the AI that runs electronic security for WorldCorp HQ.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine