TNM 1.0.4+

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Made in China
MJ12

Re: TNM 1.0.4+

Post by Made in China »

Jonas wrote:I think you mean "ICE Breaker". Black ICE is the AI that runs electronic security for WorldCorp HQ.
Oh, my mistake. I started a PDX run after half a year and didn't really pay attention to the dialogue, or to anything that is written, so you can see why I made it. Still, my fault.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Made in China wrote:
Jonas wrote:I think you mean "ICE Breaker". Black ICE is the AI that runs electronic security for WorldCorp HQ.
Oh, my mistake. I started a PDX run after half a year and didn't really pay attention to the dialogue,
Isn't that what sets the game apart from the others though? I've played heaps of times and still get a giggle out of the convos ( well, a few of them). :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

bobby 55 wrote:Isn't that what sets the game apart from the others though? I've played heaps of times and still get a giggle out of the convos ( well, a few of them). :P
Well, I agree with you, but I just wanted to blow shit up. My machine just isn't strong enough to run more recent games, so a TNM super-violent (everybody dies except plot-important characters) playthrough is just the thing I need.
I think the best moments were the Goat and Llama temples and every level of WorldCorp. Tonnes of enemies = lots of fun. Tonnes of enemies + mechs = frustration, unless abusing the GEP Gun. I finally understand why it's aprreciated so much.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Made in China wrote:1. Destroying the Llama tablets before joining any cult doesn't add the "tablets destroyed" flag, so when joining the goats, the first mission can't be completed.
You cannot access the tablets before joining any of the cults though, have you been cheating?
2. On day 2, Scara's office keypad strength is tagged infinity, yet has the visual presentation of 40%. Probaby a reminiscent of the day 1 keypad.
Ehm... what?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
Made in China wrote:1. Destroying the Llama tablets before joining any cult doesn't add the "tablets destroyed" flag, so when joining the goats, the first mission can't be completed.
You cannot access the tablets before joining any of the cults though, have you been cheating?
2. On day 2, Scara's office keypad strength is tagged infinity, yet has the visual presentation of 40%. Probaby a reminiscent of the day 1 keypad.
Ehm... what?
Lol .. I didn't think you could get in the Llama caves unless sided to the goats.. :/

And I have no idea what 'Visual Presentation' Means.. :S
On Day 2 your not actually supposed to go into Worldcorp.. (Sided With PDX I mean) .. Well I've never tryed because I havent had reason too .. :/
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

nerdenstein wrote:Lol .. I didn't think you could get in the Llama caves unless sided to the goats.. :/
That got added in patch 1.0.2 or 1.0.3... one of those.
And I have no idea what 'Visual Presentation' Means.. :S
That makes two of us... :P
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
The door was open when I approached it, but things were kind of chaotic. Maybe one of the NPC ran into it and opened it? Anyway, if it shouldn't be accessible, I guess there shouldn't be a fix.
Hassat Hunter wrote:
Ehm... what?
Sorry for the lame explanation for everything, I don't really know why I'm that unclear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=silmzhog3Uk @ 1:40.
Whenever approaching a locked door or keypad with infinite str., the meters are maxed\green.
In WorldCorp level 4 on day 2, Scara's office keypad bypass str. is infinite, yet the meter itself is 40% - probably something that remained from day 1. I think it's quite clear in the attached image.

Edit: Well, I just realized that everything I wrote wasn't understood or had a major flaw about it. Maybe the time is affecting me, IDK. I will try to rephrase everything tommorow, after I get some sleep. Again, sorry for the writing mess you had to deal with.
Attachments
Inf-Yellow.JPG
Last edited by Made in China on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Ahh That makes more sense :lol:
In a sorta weird way .. :roll:
Dunno Whats going on there .. Hassat might beable to shed some light on it though.. It isnt a massive problem I dont think its more of an aesthetic thing ..
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yeah, just ran through that and noticed it. It's because it's made INF by script, instead of being set as such in the UEditor (well, I think).

None of the ATMs ever display "ICE breaker v2". All other machines seem to do so properly though.

I noticed, cheating, that the "Narcissus Haunt" scenary is a little buggy. As in, if you enter the metro you get missing "teleport" errors instead of being planted infront of Narcissus. Of course, considering it's pretty much impossible to try so without cheating, it's hardly worth fixing (if it can be done at all)...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:As in, if you enter the metro you get missing "teleport" errors instead of being planted infront of Narcissus.
What?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

If you enter the subway "train" you get errors... "Missing telepter *location*.teleporterXX" or something like that.

EDIT: Or, more accuratually, something like this:
"Teleport destination for 22_FCCorperate.Teleporter48 not found!"
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Yeah, just ran through that and noticed it. It's because it's made INF by script, instead of being set as such in the UEditor (well, I think).

None of the ATMs ever display "ICE breaker v2". All other machines seem to do so properly though.

I noticed, cheating, that the "Narcissus Haunt" scenary is a little buggy. As in, if you enter the metro you get missing "teleport" errors instead of being planted infront of Narcissus. Of course, considering it's pretty much impossible to try so without cheating, it's hardly worth fixing (if it can be done at all)...
The keypad thing isn't a problem as far as I can tell apart from it doesnt display the information correctly. So that isnt worth changing.

Narcissus Haunt .. Meaning the PM's from Narcissus and Stuff? :-s
Why would you get planted infront of Narcissus for entering the Metro? :/
I'm with Jonas on this one Sorry..
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:If you enter the subway "train" you get errors... "Missing telepter *location*.teleporterXX" or something like that.
I assume you're making some joke referring to Narcissus being a metaphor for the development team.

Don't worry about those failed teleportings, they're something I tried to do (move the hostages up to street level when the DXO guys leave) which I could never get to work.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

nerdenstein wrote:The keypad thing isn't a problem as far as I can tell apart from it doesnt display the information correctly. So that isnt worth changing.
Well, if the reason is what I think it is it should be easily fixable in, say, less than a minute (compilation time not included). I might try it if I make an update again...
Narcissus Haunt .. Meaning the PM's from Narcissus and Stuff? :-s
No, I mean:
Dev Comment wrote://The player killed Scara and is forever doomed.
Sure he is, but not in the intented way :P. Although the DXI and ABI transfers work properly (you are placed before Narcissus), even if all else are not (well, excluding leaving Scara's office that is).
Jonas wrote:I assume you're making some joke referring to Narcissus being a metaphor for the development team.

Don't worry about those failed teleportings, they're something I tried to do (move the hostages up to street level when the DXO guys leave) which I could never get to work.
I have no idea what you're going on about here. But I assume that's mutual if you somehow think I am talking about the DXO hostages and the dev team :?.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Let me see if I understand this.

You killed Scara, cheated to escape the map and thus attempt to escape your game breaking fate, and are now reporting that getting on the subway doesn't work in this snapshot of a saveless fallen world. Is that correct?

If that is the case, then I think the problem here is that you're a cheater. And, in a more pragmatic sense, that Narcissus' "I kill you," room isn't in that map. Which is, I think, what was creating all the confusion. How can you get on the metro if every (non-legend based) attempt to get to a metro causes Narcissus to kill you?
Last edited by chris the cynic on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.