TNM 1.0.4+

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Re: TNM 1.0.4+

Post by Y|yukichigai »

Hassat Hunter wrote:He did?

Well, he hasn't been here for around a month, but I send a PM. We shall see if he gives the answer.
I'll do one better and give you the answer here AND in PM. Ha ha, multitasking!

The reason why the MJ12 "confiscate" routine reset your amounts of grenades is because of the way it is set up to handle ammo, or rather how it isn't. Because ammo is a separate item, confiscating the weapon doesn't take the ammo with it. However, there's a weapon variable called "PickupAmmoCount" that is used to track (shocker) the amount of ammo you get when you pick up a weapon, but ALSO used to track how much ammo is available for the weapon when it's in your inventory. Since it would be a little unrealistic for a small pistol to be jam-packed with, say, 320 rounds of 10mm ammo, the game resets this variable to default.

Here's the problem: Grenades. For Grenades, the ammo IS the weapon (sort of, work with me on this). When the game takes your LAM, the ammo comes with it (you don't need a LAM launcher or anything silly like that). Unfortunately the "confiscate" routine doesn't take this into account, and merrily resets the PickupAmmoCount on each grenade to default: 1.

All I did to fix the grenade count issue with the confiscate routine was to add some extra qualifiers ("!item.IsA('WeaponLAM') && !item.IsA('WeaponGasGrenade')" etc. etc.) to the part of the routine that resets pickup counts as it moves the items from inventory to shelving. You can see for yourself; the code is in Mission05.uc, though I've since replaced the list of grenades with the single parent class (WeaponGrenade) that I made as part of Shifter. Same concept though.

Hope that's what it is.
Szenario21
Mole Person

Post by Szenario21 »

Is there a new patch in sight?
I'm looking forward to it, if so.
I'm just waiting for it to start TNM the first time. :)
Last edited by Szenario21 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yes, a new patch is coming.

Wheter or not it will be soon I can't say though...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Thanks Yuki, worked like a charm! Implented it for the following items, and confirmed it working for all of them. I didn't miss any did I?

* Mine
* Molotov Cocktail
* Vortex
* EMP Grenade
* Gas Grenade
* LAM
* Scramble
* Tranq. mine

As an additional bugfix, Scara will now PM you about the loading bay situation if you killed/disabled all ABI soldiers and bots there, instead of when you murder everybody on the entire level (including Ryan, Endar and all WorldCorp soldiers).

EDIT: Fixed the reload animation on the EMP pistol. Which was surprisingly simple actually...
Although now 1.0.4+ also modifies TNMItems.u, and I think most modders want to modify that (weaponmodifications are always most popular). Maybe I should bring out a "modders" pack featuring the base .uc's so modders can be compatible...
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Another "deep thought" file, but more of a denouement bug, so I thought I'd post it here instead (especially since I'm seeing it enough now for it to bother me slightly).

If you go WC and then ABI, what is this about the mystery bombing of Sol's Bar?
If you go WC and then ABI, how is it that ZeroPresence would have to leave because he can't abide working for Trestkon, since Trestkon takes off himself?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Ehm, both are fixed in regular 1.0.4 (AFAIK).
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I'm running 1.04.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Hmmm, you're right. Alright, it's a bit trickety tricky for Sol's, but it should work nicely now for WC/ABI in 1.0.4+.
(Left to do: Removing the guests when Alpha is dead. It's a little strange to hear "Sol's Bar is deserted" with so many visitors 0_0)

The ZP one was because the check was only added when joining the Goats/killing all cultists, so it could still show up if going ABI and Llama's.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Hassat Hunter wrote:(Left to do: Removing the guests when Alpha is dead. It's a little strange to hear "Sol's Bar is deserted" with so many visitors 0_0)
Okay, done.
However I am now left wondering, why is Sol's deserted when Narcissus say "On the surface, business is as usual in Sol's bar" in the WC ending? Shouldn't there be guests then? There are now with the WC-ABI ending, getting the same saying, but that's a little weird to tell the thruth.

So, what I am wondering is what the best resolution (according to you players and Jonas ;)):
1) Keep it as I made it now (WC always deserted as per original TNM, with WC-ABI only deserted if Alpha is dead).
2) Modify it so the patrons only not appear if Alpha is dead, so they will appear in the WC ending and "business is as usual"?
3) Modify it so patrons never appear in the WC endings, so "business as usual" in WC-ABI will also mean no apparent patrons?

Personally I lean towards 2, but I just want some input from the community.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

See picture.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

1) Man, your TNM looks ugly.
2) That would be the "item stuck on your feet" issue. Even if I knew how to fix it (I don't) it really isn't too severe, just leave the apartment and the item is placed in your inventory (if you have space that is, if not... well... I don't know what happens).

(Edit: Feet, not feat)
Last edited by Hassat Hunter on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

Isn't that just an early version of the firestaff?
My name is not Jeff.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Hassat Hunter wrote:1) Man, your TNM looks ugly.
I had to put a gamma of 3.0 on that screenshot in my pic editor to get it to show up. It might just be washed out. Other than that, meaning what exactly?
2) That would be the "item stuck on your feet" issue. Even if I knew how to fix it (I don't) ...
I played around and it seems to only happen to the item you're holding when you talk to Phasmatis.
JizzyJeff wrote:Isn't that just an early version of the firestaff?
That's not the funniest item that you could have that happen to you in game. Not by far.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

ggrotz wrote:I played around and it seems to only happen to the item you're holding when you talk to Phasmatis.
Spot on. Just look down at the convo and you see it stuck at you (and heavy weapons slow you down tremendously even with lvl 4 heavy weapons). Sadly enough, I can't seem to find anywhere how to de-equip your currently used weapon.

Also no comments at all for?:
Me wrote:So, what I am wondering is what the best resolution (according to you players and Jonas ;)):
1) Keep it as I made it now (WC always deserted as per original TNM, with WC-ABI only deserted if Alpha is dead).
2) Modify it so the patrons only not appear if Alpha is dead, so they will appear in the WC ending and "business is as usual"?
3) Modify it so patrons never appear in the WC endings, so "business as usual" in WC-ABI will also mean no apparent patrons?

Personally I lean towards 2, but I just want some input from the community.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

You seemed to have the right idea going with option 2 Hassat.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum