TNM No Items run (with videos)

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: TNM No Items run (with videos)

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Jaedar wrote:Would a WC playthrough require more items?
Because you'd at least be able to skip the stuff you used this time. Then again, DXO would be a pain to get through.
Yeah the main reason I didn't do the WC storyline was because of the DXO mission, and I've only played it once, and that was a brief 7-hour stint straight after I finished my first playthrough. I suppose you could probably do that mission if you brought enough explosives from the slums though.
ggrotz wrote: Way to go on the videos! I have to ask, though. Was lag a factor in terms of the number of enemies? I ask because the day will probably come that I will end up wanting to record TNM stuff, myself.
The lag wasn't too bad; could've been worse.
For not having the recorder run, I notice some with ABI and a couple of other spots, as well. Any tricks on how to reduce that?
Um, not sure what you mean by that.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

AgentSmithereens wrote:
For not having the recorder run, I notice some with ABI and a couple of other spots, as well. Any tricks on how to reduce that?
Um, not sure what you mean by that.
I was asking (the TNM guys or whoever) how to reduce the lag time in TNM. I tried reducing details and so on, and even reducing resolution (320x240) and still got the lag upon recording so it doesn't seem to be a bottleneck on the GPU end of things for drawing objects. Maybe taking out the TNM renderer and replacing it with the DX one is in order?
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

can someone download these, combine them, and reupload them for me? lol
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

You're actually being serious are you? First time I thought you were just mocking yourself from when you asked the same thing about my speedrun.
Either way, I'm not going to do it; the Youtube videos are just fine.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey Smithy, would you be a pal and download this and see if it's a bit more reasonable?

http://rooc.offtopicproductions.com/stu ... tation.rar
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Yeah sure, I'll give them a playthrough when I have time.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

AgentSmithereens wrote:You're actually being serious are you? First time I thought you were just mocking yourself from when you asked the same thing about my speedrun.
Either way, I'm not going to do it; the Youtube videos are just fine.
you mean to say youtube quality mocks me. lol and its in so many parts, i like speed runs, but youtube is just so hard lol, especially in so many small parts

ill try to watch this and see how I go lol
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

lol awesome downloaded all the vids and have joined them into a single avi file
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Um...how did you do that?

That sounds pretty tedious just to watch the thing in one go and in (questionably) better quality.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

OOOh.. my God! I must watch it right now! Your awsomness level is over 9000!!
I wanted to make a commentary detailed shitty playthrough but this must be awesome!
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Um...how did you do that?

That sounds pretty tedious just to watch the thing in one go and in (questionably) better quality.
the quality isnt better, its better to watch it like this rather than on youtube, and as a single file

all i did was download the files with youtube downloader as mp4 files, then joined them all and converted to a single avi file