Let's award the Louis Pan award for TNM

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Let's award the Louis Pan award for TNM

Post by ggrotz »

I got to thinking and had to ask this one. Which character in TNM would get your "Louis Pan Award" (or the character that you would most like to apply overkill - like a LAW - just to quiet)? For those that haven't played Deus Ex or don't remember, Louis Pan is the snot-nosed little kid in Hong Kong with the big mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlu5C0PT4kQ
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Let's award the Louis Pan award for TNM

Post by nerdenstein »

I don't think there is generally a character I didn't like in the same way I hated Louis Pan.. :-k
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

The guard in Scara's office who keeps saying "worst job ever". FFS all he has to do is stand around and do nothing, I'm sure my boss would just love me to do that. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

There's the n00bs, and they can be annoying once you've heard what they say. The Jonas character has the smugness, but is endearing. I suppose the OiNutter character has the height and could annoy some people.

I'd vote for Krunk Chachu. It's more of a Paul/Gunther dynamic though, where you can't kill him, but he's a smug authority that is fun to shoot until he has to chase you with a sword. The big blue karkian is similar, but boring, just running around in an enclosed pen. Otherwise there's a number of helpless NPCs that can explode.
Zeether
Mole Person

Post by Zeether »

Probably Beeblequix. >:D
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Answering my question...these are in no particular order, it depends on my mood when I'm playing (and what I'm playing as).

1. Beeblequix. (if you like the firestaff so much you can have it...what comes out of it!)
2. The shopkeeper in corporate next to WorldCorp.
3. Any of the "Board Guests".
4. Any of the cultists that I hear say things like "OH NOES!" and "GASPERASP!" and "Gas...the dishonor!" Flames are fun with them.
5. Kylie. Flames are fun there, too.
6. King Kashue.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Board Guests & Kinkashu.

Board Guests because my definition of annoying always involves a high-pitched noise. Their voices match that oh-so-perfectly.

KinkyShoe because... Well, if I lose a reward because I smited the Goat scum in the name of Llamar then I go into RAGE mode.
Theshadots
NSF

Post by Theshadots »

Beeblequix should get a award for funniest Person out of TNM.
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

Ugh, he pissed me off so much, but I suppose that was the point.

Him, then every employee in Worldcorp, then girl at the front desk of PDX.
wink wonk
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

TheRenegadeMaster. He was a twat.
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

There isn't anyone in TNM who irritates me in quite the same way and to quite the same extent as the Pan twerp (for a game character he was quite insufferable). There are a few characters on the Ling level (Ling being that irritating woman who kept running after JC to tell him he wasn't allowed back in the Lucky Money), though: Beeblequix, Kashue and Jonas among them. I'm sure there's someone else as well but I can't immediately recall who it is.
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
Theshadots
NSF

Post by Theshadots »

This award go to the worst NPC in all of DX Ling come and get your award and you get one more thing a bullet to the head (She broke throw the glass wtf she is evil and annoying)
second worst NPC is role the drums paul (He will some times he will glitch in the old one he will shoot to kill some one and start killing the unatco troopers then turn on me don't forget he is goding so it not a fair fight -_-)

(Only glitches in the old one and the patch docent fix that one)
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Ling is a deep and cutting criticism of the Asian sex trade and sexual slavery. Pretty annoying too.

Beeblequix was fun. I actually stopped playing to read/listen to his ramblings. The annoying "You can't save" joke only hit me on a later playthrough.

Kin Crotchpoo was the annoying character for me. Still, Can Spewatyou isn't a Louis Pan. I'm surprised TNM did no tribute to Pan or Ling ;-). Kind of glad actually.

If Kanned Crinclewho ever returns to the DX community, I'll have some apologizing to do.
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

Just curious, why such Kashue hate? I felt like much more of a gopher/bitch playing WC than PDX.
My name is not Jeff.