How fun.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Zodiac
Thug

How fun.

Post by Zodiac »

I played through what I figure to be a pretty good part of the PDX storyline (Up to Day 2), and then I just ragequit this playthrough because I decided from the start to be a pistol-wielder specifically (or at least primarily); and of course Sol's was blown up by this time and I couldn't get Alpha's Pistol, and this made me mad because of how I wasted all my mods on the standard pistol :( So I'm like 'screw this' and just started a new playthrough and decided what it'd be like to play at WorldCorp as a Goat (previously I was a PDX Llama).

So, I'm up to the Server Complex, and of course on a PDX playthrough you just go down the elevator, so I never thought I check out the offices. But on WC, I spent my time actually browsing through every cubicle (Btw, that little anecdote on Jim's desk is pretty funny) and opening every locked door.

And I know I've really barely touched the tip of the iceberg. There is literally so much content in this game it's practically Morrowind in a cyberpunk setting.

Something bothering me though, civilians will refuse to talk to you when you engage someone in combat that's nearby them. Firewalls attack me by Mr Good, and now I won't get to see what he'll say about me raising Jim's salary. sadface lol. But it's all good.

and I would like to see those loading quotes and not the hints please.

just a bit of feedback there.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: How fun.

Post by Jonas »

Actually the offices are closed off when you're playing PDX, so that'd be why you missed them the first time around :)

As for a pistol-only playthrough, though I can't say I understand exactly what you're saying, why didn't you just use Trestkon's pistols?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

What you're describing is the dx ai. civilian npcs will flee from aggressive npcs irrespective of who the aggression is towards. However all ai behavior of neutral npcs (with probably a few exceptions so don't bother to correct me DDL) is fleeting. If you wait a while they'll calm down to normal (you may have to be in the same map).
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Zodiac wrote:and I would like to see those loading quotes and not the hints please.
Open TNMUser.ini (the one in TNM/System, not DX/System) and modify the following values to what I give here:

bQuotesEnabled=True
bLoadingQuotes=True
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
OneLastBattleFGJ
Thug

Post by OneLastBattleFGJ »

Treskton's pistols are pretty good, but they have insane recoil, not too good accuracy, and not INCREDIBLY GOOD damage.

Whenever I use them, its like I am just blasting it in every direction and hoping it hits something :P
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

OneLastBattleFGJ wrote:Treskton's pistols are pretty good, but they have insane recoil, not too good accuracy, and not INCREDIBLY GOOD damage.
Are you using the same Trestkon's pistols we other people use? Because the acc and damage is great. Well, atleast if you use the modus that .shoots after each other, not equally...
OneLastBattleFGJ
Thug

Post by OneLastBattleFGJ »

Are you using the same Trestkon's pistols we other people use? Because the acc and damage is great. Well, atleast if you use the modus that .shoots after each other, not equally...
As I said, the recoil is ridiculous. I know weapon mods can fix it a bit, but Alpha's pistols can do the job just as well without the recoil issue.
Zodiac
Thug

Post by Zodiac »

Jonas wrote:Actually the offices are closed off when you're playing PDX, so that'd be why you missed them the first time around :)

As for a pistol-only playthrough, though I can't say I understand exactly what you're saying, why didn't you just use Trestkon's pistols?
I do use Trestkon's pistols, but when I want to go long-distance I use Alpha's Pistol.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Sure, can't beat Alpha's as makeshift sniperrifle.