Can I NOT join PDX or WC

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

aguyuno
Mole Person

Can I NOT join PDX or WC

Post by aguyuno »

Like, if I were to (for example) rescue SD, thereby making Scara hate me, and then go kill Jonas, thereby making Kashue hate me (at least temporarily)... would the game end? Is there a third option? I've checked the wiki page a few times and it doesn't seem to say there is, but before I go out of my way to do everything possible to alienate myself with BOTH main teams, I figured I'd ask here.

Course, I'm not even sure people still check this board. But, nonetheless, here I am.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Can I NOT join PDX or WC

Post by bobby 55 »

If you rescue SD and then join PDX I don't think killing Jonas gets you barred from PDX, although I'm not totally sure what consequences you'd face.... apart from being shunned by the cats. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

No-one cares?

I mean, it's Jonas... :P
EDIT: Oh, wait, killing him locks you out of exiting, saving and pretty much forces you to reload. Forgot that... It's been long since I did TNM.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
aguyuno
Mole Person

Post by aguyuno »

Hassat Hunter wrote:No-one cares?

I mean, it's Jonas... :P
EDIT: Oh, wait, killing him locks you out of exiting, saving and pretty much forces you to reload. Forgot that... It's been long since I did TNM.
It does? So it's sort of like the Narcissus "secret ending" (if you can call it that) you get for killing Scara?

I take it, then, that it IS impossible to alienate yourself from both? Disappointing. I was hoping there was some secret entirely DXO storyline or something xD.

Don't get me wrong - the game still rules. Just, you know.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No there is no secret third storyline. We kinda thought putting two complete games into one mod would be enough to make most people happy ;)

You may be pleased to know that a third allegiance option does open up towards the end of the game though.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

If you complete the Princess' Secret Slide going backwards, Luigi will appear!
My name is not Jeff.
aguyuno
Mole Person

Post by aguyuno »

Jonas wrote:No there is no secret third storyline. We kinda thought putting two complete games into one mod would be enough to make most people happy ;)

You may be pleased to know that a third allegiance option does open up towards the end of the game though.
That much I knew. Thank you, though :)
Chris Rosenkreutz
NSF

Post by Chris Rosenkreutz »

You can get away with killing Jonas as PDX, at least with whatever patch I last tried it with.

Attacking anyone in PDX doesn't lock Despot's appartment. After revieving the DXI mission, knock out Ghand and escape through Despot's appartment. The next day you can kill Jonas with impunity, if you deal with the guards.