a question about the shadowcode section

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

kira100
Mole Person

a question about the shadowcode section

Post by kira100 »

Hi everyone, recently got this mod and am loving it. however I have a question, is there any way to stop the spinning etc when shadowcode is inside your head? I enjoyed everything else so far but the spinning etc just acts as a deterrent because of vision issues (low vision, need to get a bit close to screen to see the levels of doors and other small objects) and unfortunately this means that I am unable to complete it without using ghost to skip straight to the terminal, login and upload him (spinning does not occur when ghosted), if there are certain triggers for this then can you please tell me where they are so I can ghost right past them and continue normally without cheating past the whole thing?
I have past it once but I plan on restarting on WC's side and DO NOT want to go through that again (if mandatory).
psoted here because of the references to the story. sorry if in wrong section.
thank you
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: a question about the shadowcode section

Post by bobby 55 »

Hiya, I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying that part of the Shadowcode section. The spinning is part of Shadowcode's attack on Trestkon. It knocked me for a loop the first time but it is manageable. There's nothing that will change it that I know of. It is disorienting but I got it after my third attempt. You won't have to do it playing the WC story, there's other (bwahahaha) entertainment there.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
kira100
Mole Person

Post by kira100 »

thanks for letting me know that WC does not deal with shadowcode. I found out that using ghost past the doors and into the room skips his attack animation (spinning etc), that is the only part I hate, I can take the pink-ish colour of the screen and the face on the screen (reminds me of alien vs predator pc) and yes, I am adjusting and will go back to try it again without cheats next time. finished the game since then (got narcissus ending).
anyway, thanks again
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

No problem. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Make sure you try the non-Narcissus ending for your faction of choice as well ;-)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I thought the whole Shadowcode section was absolutely brilliant. The spinning was cool and not an issue for me, I did that bit first time.

The only reason I dont wanna go through it again is because it is more puzzle filled than action filled, and since I already know what happens and how to beat the puzzles it wont have the same effect it did the first time.

Almighty goat this game is awesome, i'll just side with WorldCorp.
Blues22475
Thug

Post by Blues22475 »

I don't like the shadowcode part just because the one area where the narrow pathways with the security bots (the small ones). First time I did that I got crushed by a box very randomly towards the beginning of that area. Every time I play it I still hate that bit (even though I know where most everything is).

The spinning part I had no problems with. At most I just went "weeeee" the whole time. This last time I was seriously confused by it (but then again I was also falling asleep playing late at night lol).

Tbh, my favorite storyline is actually WorldCorp's because of those levels (though attitude wise it doesn't suit me).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I prefer WorldCorp too. I'm really proud of the way your relationship with Kylie evolves, and the Air Control Tower is my favourite level in the game.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas wrote:I prefer WorldCorp too. I'm really proud of the way your relationship with Kylie evolves, and the Air Control Tower is my favourite level in the game.
YeeeoooooooooowwwwwCRRRRRRASH!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Precisely :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Blues22475
Thug

Post by Blues22475 »

Jonas wrote:I prefer WorldCorp too. I'm really proud of the way your relationship with Kylie evolves, and the Air Control Tower is my favourite level in the game.
Yes! That is also my favorite level too just the way the whole map is. I re-played World Corp story line and just found the shop in the back you could ransack (while trolling some of the Firewalls at the end of the alleyway). My only other favorite level is ABI (because of the snow effects + music + level layout).
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

I have to say that I love how going WC, despite being evil to a point, it doesn't force you to be entirely evil, with things like the ability to tell ZeroPresence you don't want anyone at PDX to be killed.

As for the ShadowCode bit, I loved it all. Especially the little System Shock reference.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret