The safe near the ATC tower

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Quincel
Thug

The safe near the ATC tower

Post by Quincel »

Hi guys,

First off, TNM rocks. If I could come round to the house of everyone who helped make it and thank them personally I would, but since the world saw fit to create restraining orders I can't so I'll just say it here. Great job guys, I love it at least as much as DX itself.

Anywho, I'm doing my third playthrough of the game, going for an (almost) non-lethal WC run, and I think I'm missing something:

How the dickens do I open the safe in the bookshop in the ATC level? How?!

This is driving me crazy. Actually so is something else:

What does the hut on the roof of the ATC tower do? I mean the one near the satellite dishes. I can get in and open a grate covering what looks like wiring, but nothing seems to happen.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with these. I'd thank you personally if I could, but like I said earlier, you're safe from that.

Regards,
Quincel
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: The safe near the ATC tower

Post by bobby 55 »

Jeez, it's been a while since I did a WC playthrough. I don't think the safe can be opened. I vaguely remember hacking a computer but I don't think it opened a safe. As to the hut I can't help you sorry. It took me ten minutes to work out what "ATC" stood for. :P

I'll have to play WC again, it's a lot of fun, and the ATC map along with ABI are two of my favourites in the game.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Shit I can't remember how to open the safe and I'm not at home so I can't open up UnrealEd and check. I assure you it's possible though, try looking around for a security computer and see if has any special options or if one of the doors attached to one of the cameras opens that safe. Otherwise maybe it's a nanokey (password... whatever) that's hidden somewhere.

The shed has some loot in it, that's all it's there for. If it has no loot it's because of the item difficulty level you've chosen. The grate is just for show, because it seems like that's something that might be in a shed like that - it's like, why are there so many toilets in all these buildings, I flush them but nothing else happens? Well it's because people need to take a shit sometimes :P

Welcome to the forums and thanks for thanking us ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Quincel
Thug

Post by Quincel »

The safe looks like a nanokey one, and has the "You don't have the right password" response when you try and open it. The hut...fair enough.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Quincel wrote:The safe looks like a nanokey one, and has the "You don't have the right password" response when you try and open it. The hut...fair enough.
Have you dealt with all the guards in the tower? I'm really only guessing, I have CRAFT disease, but I dimly remember a guard on level 3 being of some significance. Jonas or somebody should be more help.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Pretty sure the bookstore safe is controlled by a nearby security console or computer...

From my readme;
Be careful not to be spotted by the firewalls. If they spot you, your cover will also be blown. Go towards books & stuff and enter through the garage besides the main door (25 Skill Points). As long as your cover isn't blown, the camera will remain friendly to you. Open the wooden door. Same here, the camera will not turn hostile. Pick up the two multitools, then hack the security console. NOTE: Despite what the 1.0.3 patch notes say, the first camera is still bound to no door. The second is correctly tied to the safe though. Go back to the garage and loot the contents of the safe: a medkit, biocell and Cloak / Radar Transparency Augmentation Canister.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...