Hidden in plain sight

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Quincel
Thug

Hidden in plain sight

Post by Quincel »

So I've completed TNM four times now, twice on each storyline. I say that not to show-off (I'm sure many here have finished it 40 times), but to make clear how foolish I am. I just started my fifth playthrough and using a set of directions finally found Captain Apollo's. It's not meant to be hidden.

I am an idiot.

To make me feel better, anyone else willing to share stuff they overlooked that they can't believe they missed?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Hidden in plain sight

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I still overlook that battery charge in ABI in the hangar... in plain sight.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That's actually one of the things I loved most about Deus Ex: the levels were just big enough that the developers could "hide" stuff just by not specifically pointing you at it. I had that experience all the time in DX, especially in Hong Kong, of finding something on my second or third playthrough that was never specifically hidden in the first place. Somehow that feels much more cool than finding an explicitly hidden secret, and it's something I really wanted to reproduce in TNM, so I'm glad it came across! And kudos to ZeroPresence, of course, for putting it there in the first place :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Prophet
NSF

Post by Prophet »

Oh, I know what you mean!
I wanted to bribe a junkie with zyme in Battery Park for something, but I couldn't find any damn zyme! After going through it for the 3rd time, I found a vial of zyme on the statue... I'm just stop when I find it, and ask myself: "WAS THAT THERE THE ENTIRE TIME?! SERIOUSLY?!" <_< <_< <_< Sometimes even prophets miss the teachings of modders...
THE PROPHET
Xfing
Thug

Post by Xfing »

Hassat Hunter wrote:I still overlook that battery charge in ABI in the hangar... in plain sight.
You mean the Gibbattery? I did ABI just today, never found any either -__-

Which suxx0rz, because I want to convert some random mook into a heap of gory chunklets! Too bad the explosion doesn't work, neither does it with the PHAT rifle. Must be a Shifter thing, I think.
x51
Thug

Post by x51 »

Find Datacube with cheats
Nyet! You can not steal from Hammer and Sickle!
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Xfing wrote: You mean the Gibbattery? I did ABI just today, never found any either -__-
It's in the room before you get into the north dock area with the huge Worldcorp/ABI fight and one of the doors that lead to the Gibbinator. It was made the same color as the platform (one of my suggestions when 1.05 was talked about was to stop that). Hence, it doesn't jump out at you that it's an item.
Xfing wrote: Which suxx0rz, because I want to convert some random mook into a heap of gory chunklets! Too bad the explosion doesn't work, neither does it with the PHAT rifle. Must be a Shifter thing, I think.
Perhaps so. Things gib just fine in vanilla TNM - of course if you gas something or light it on fire, it won't work.