What is the Corona Project? Can you Get Divinity/XX?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Brad Denton
Thug

What is the Corona Project? Can you Get Divinity/XX?

Post by Brad Denton »

I've checked the special testing room where the computers, notes, and whatever else have all been wiped, save for a leftover image of the Corona Project. It looks like a space station, so perhaps this has something to do with GameSpy, supposedly? Why was the room wiped clean? What was it about the project which made Scara disband, and perhaps execute, the people involved with it? Is there another room I don't know about which could clarify what the project is? What is the Corona Project?

Also, I suspect that the player can't possibly attain Divinity/XX ingame, but can you? There are no signs that I can, yet I so badly want to attain it so that I can be able to question Black ICE about everything he knows. If it isn't possible to achieve Divinity/XX ingame, did the developers consider implementing this at some point in development?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What is the Corona Project? Can you Get Divinity/XX?

Post by Jonas »

No you can't go over over the highest clearest you can buy from Clark. Was that his name? It's been so long...

You're not meant to be able to uncover all the secrets, then it wouldn't feel like Deus Ex ;)

There is one thing in the Corona labs that wasn't properly wiped - somebody stashed it in a hidden place and WorldCorp missed it. That ought to explain what Corona was about.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Brad Denton
Thug

Post by Brad Denton »

If you're talking about the image they've left behind of the Corona satellite/space station, I already found that. That, and a drawing of the thing on a blackboard, with writings indicating that it has a letal laser, so it sounds like WorldCorps was attempting to design something akin to GameSpy's station, or they've actually been designing stuff fo GameSpy. Why else would Scara have TriOptimum crates which can only be found at GameSpy in his secret room with health bot and elevator?

The emails in the neighboring computer rooms shed some light about what happened to the team working on that project. It's one of those nagging mysteries which you find in games like Deus Ex which make you want to learn more, but there aren't enough secret clues to explain fully what's happened. That's a pretty big accomplishment, Jonas. It's amazing how well you guys made this mod. :smile:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well I know what happened and I'm pretty sure I've spilled the beans before. I'm not sure if you want me to just tell you though, it ruins the mystery.

Actually it's explained in the TNM Timeline document which was included in the bonus materials.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

Wasn't the Corona Project (or something similar) featured in the first trailer from '06? I seem to remember a structure in outer space near the end of the trailer resembling the thing on the project's document in the game. Was it meant to have a bigger part in the game?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The Corona Project was to build the ROFL. It was a commission from GameSpy, and it was how WorldCorp came to know that GameSpy existed in the first place, and that they had a space station from which they could control all of Forumplanet.

And yes there was a rendered sequence of it in that trailer.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

Ah, cheers for the response!
nalle
Thug

Post by nalle »

Jonas wrote:The Corona Project was to build the ROFL. It was a commission from GameSpy, and it was how WorldCorp came to know that GameSpy existed in the first place, and that they had a space station from which they could control all of Forumplanet.
I figured this out from reading stuff in the game but I can't actually remember where I read about it. Is it on the GameSpy station?

EDIT: So right after posting I remembered. It's on one of those clipboards that can be found on level 1 of gamespy. It's on one of the control panels I believe.
Brad Denton
Thug

Post by Brad Denton »

So WorldCorps helped build the station. I suspected as much. Wonder why Scara's team didn't harness GS's ability to render users as invincible moderators while building the station... Thanks for answering, guys!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No WorldCorp built the ROFL, which is a satellite, they had no hand in building the station itself.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jack90
UNATCO

Post by Jack90 »

By following these safety precautions, you can minimize the risk of accidents and injuries while operating a chainsaw. Always prioritize safety over convenience and take the necessary steps to protect yourself and those around you. Remember, a few extra minutes spent on safety can make a significant difference in preventing potentially life-threatening incidents. Happy and safe chainsawing! see it here