Freezing on transition from Goat City to Server Complex

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Garrett
Mole Person

Freezing on transition from Goat City to Server Complex

Post by Garrett »

I would have put this in the issues forum but there are spoilers, so here we are.

First of all, this mod is absolutely fantastic and a great sink for my spare time. Thank you for this!

Now, my issue is that when I try to travel from Goat City to the New Server Complex, the game freezes when "Loading". It usually takes some time when loading a new map so at first, I thought nothing of it. After a while, I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del, brought up then task manager and found that TNM was no longer responding. This happens all the time now, whether or not I wipe out all of Goat City and/or kill the Dark Templar, and whether or not I try entering the server complex after entering Goat City for the first time only.

For the record, I'm running TNM v1.0.4 with with Shifter v1.8.4 and the DX9 driver with full AA at x8 and filtering at x16. I don't think it's a map size issue as Downtown has no issues with the driver,, but I don't know that for sure. Can anyone please help me?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Freezing on transition from Goat City to Server Complex

Post by bobby 55 »

Have you tried running TNM without Shifter? Yuki has advised that even though the latest version is the most compatible with TNM there may still be issues.

I'd suggest turning off the DEP for TNM but usually the game won't even run if that's the issue. You could give it a try I suppose and if it doesn't fix the problem you can turn it back on again.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Garrett
Mole Person

Post by Garrett »

I don't know if DEP is an issue, but you're probably right on Shifter. As it doesn't add a lot to TNM apart from mostly skill points for kills, I'm okay running the game without it after all. I don't mind restarting after learning I can get more credits going a non-lethal route in the PDX storyline.
Garrett
Mole Person

Post by Garrett »

heh, it works and it's still as good without Shifter too!

I also prefer being able to take advantage if the multitool/lockpick glitch, which Shifter ironed out.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That's good to know. I like Shifter but I only use it with Deus Ex. I'm sure the clever Yuki will have them (Shifter and TNM) simpatico one day. :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional