Severe Crash: Space Station Level 2

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

Severe Crash: Space Station Level 2

Post by ggrotz »

Reproduce (this is in 1.04+): Play the PDX side and go to remove the Narcissus Locks. Do NOT talk to Narcissus in the next room after Kylie. Once the locks are removed, the second "Narcissus message" will begin to play after Evil Invasions and then will crash the game.
Attachments
otp-crash.jpg
Hanfling
MJ12

Re: Severe Crash: Space Station Level 2

Post by Hanfling »

Well, DeusEx garbage collection is pretty much fucked up due to shit ion did. After all i'm really suprised how stable does ex runs. That didn't account for coop first. However for HX i opted to try to cleanup stuff for gc, with removing references before map change and such shit.

Ion did two pretty much stupid things. First: Put objects in travelinfo. They added this "feature" whereas it was never in vanilla unreal engine, because you can relate an actor to a map and clean him up, but not objects. Another thing are the actor references in windows and vice versa, etc. You don't want this. And the overall use of objects in game (FlagBase, which even has a bug in ::Destroy() or destructor.. don't know exactly any more, Goals, Notes, etc.).

However two interessting commands are

Code: Select all

obj list
obj refs class=<clsname> name=<objname>
If you switch level a few times you will notice that some of the objects get one more each map change, etc.
And obj refs should be helpful for tracing down what causes this.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

The bug went away when I ghosted back up and talked to Narcissus, so I'm guessing the logic behind those conversations is bad.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Well it does pretty much look like a gc issue.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Another amusing conversation issue: Clear the ATC and wait for Midashand to come, then go back into the sewers. The come back go to ABI message has the wrong audio.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That's an old bug we've known about for a long time. The problem is the audio for that line was never recorded because of a mistake, and getting it recorded after the mod was released just wasn't possible.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine