TNM Walkthrough- a WIP

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

TNM Walkthrough- a WIP

Post by Hassat Hunter »

So, started working on a walkthrough together with my latest run through TNM. So far in the Corperate District, without having choosen a side yet. Already posting what I have so people can give some feedback; am I too thorough in explaining? Different layout suggestion? Some things I may have missed you want to add (all walkthroughs have sections that say "xxx wrote:"
(note; I yet have to add proper egg numbers, didn't reset my egg-count yet to actually get them ingame)
Last edited by Hassat Hunter on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: TNM Walkthrough- a WIP

Post by bobby 55 »

Well done Hassat. I don't think the detail has been over done. You make it easy to follow. There's a couple of things there that I missed in my previous playthroughs. Kudos for having the guts to do one of these.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

MOAR structure please. An index, for example, would be nice. Also some more space between sections would be pleasant (double return instead of single) imo.
Nicely written though, and contains a lot of useful advice.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

INFINITE CREDITS EXPLOIT: The double ATM's here are very interesting. Why? Because they lack the convention of other ATM's in TNM, in that you can drain already drained accounts. What's even more is that they are restocked with money after a leveltransition, so you can get infinite money!
Another ATM that lacks the convention is the one in Downtown that gets fixed if you return there now. While it offers credits already drained (Trestkon's Account), it does no restock with money like these 2 ATM's do!
I thought it's a strategy feature. :?
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jaedar wrote:MOAR structure please. An index, for example, would be nice. Also some more space between sections would be pleasant (double return instead of single) imo.
Yeah, it's a WIP, that's why it has no index. Later it will, once I know what chapters there are and all (I am making it up as I go, also obviously to include 1.0.3 tweaks and such). Also, since Jonas said he might host it at this site, the index will lead directly to the appropriate sections then, obviously, using HTML instead of just plain text ;).

Double spaces do seem needed yes, but it's a good question of where they would properly fit in. I'll look into it.
I thought it's a strategy feature. :?
What kind of strategy would infinite credits give? :-s
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Oh boy this is a fantastic undertaking! I'm going to burn out my phone battery reading it on my flight home :D
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Updated post #1. Not had much time to play, so only Raving's added, along with tweaks/fixes and some additional notes.
I would like to point out that the easiest way to kill him is to lure him to the nearby blockade with a security bot. At least this is the only way I could kill him with npc health set to maximum :D
Gotta try that out :).
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Continued good work there Hassat.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Split the bizarre religious debate out and moved it to the off topic forum (for the record, that's why there's a quote in this thread which doesn't appear to be quoted from anywhere :P).

Like Trestkon, I would very much like this thread to stay on topic.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Updated post #1 and broke the character limit, so here's the continuation so far:
Last edited by Hassat Hunter on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

You know Hassat, I think the layout could be even more improved. For example; dividing each map into one section, and each section into three subsections; Points of Interests, Side-Quests and Main quest. This would probably make it a bit easier to read, and make the walkthrough more suited to the open-ended aspect of TNM. On the downside though, it would require an almost complete re-write :)
For an Example of what I mean you could check this link
Still I REALLY won't blame you if you can't be bothered (or if you, for some reason, think it would be a bad idea) :P
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Not a bad point Jaedar re the structure. However Hassat is doing it (walk-through) as if we were playing imo and all the pertinent info is there. Also if I can follow it as is, anyone should be able to. lol
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Ehm, you notice that is the exact way I AM doing it already. I just don't put many spaces and POINT OF INTEREST: QUICK SHOP above it. Although Grub's mission is an exception, should I make it 3.3.1? Unfortunately Black ICE is so mixed in with the Sublevel, no splitting is possible there (wont do so either for the "Kill Evil Invasion" thing at WC).
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

Really excellent work so far, Hassat. I've already picked up a couple of pointers and have been reminded of a few things I'd forgotten. Great stuff. =D>
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I think you are misrepresenting the Napalm Launcher. If you are going for PDX solution to the SD problem, it is immensely useful for killing the guards without them turning hostile. Just make sure the blob doesn't hit anyone directly.
odio ergo sum