Is there any non-violent way to get AlphaOne's disk?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

elkston
Thug

Is there any non-violent way to get AlphaOne's disk?

Post by elkston »

I was offered a free subway pass from a hacker if I could convince AlphaOne to hand over a disk containing his code.

Well, I talked to AO, offered to take the disc to the authorities and he wouldn't give it up.

So I riot prodded him from behind the counter (so Kylie wouldn't see), and then took the disk. Got a PM acknowledging that I got it, but as soon as I leave the bar, the hacker complains about not wanting anyone killed.

Does "kill" mean no violence in the bar whatsoever? And more importantly,is there a peaceful way to get the disk from Alpha?
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Is there any non-violent way to get AlphaOne's disk?

Post by NVShacker »

This is actually related to another bug that causes Sol's Bar to get shut down, not something intended -- it's just a side effect of some odd code that caused the game to think that someone had died. It shall be fixed in the next patch.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
elkston
Thug

Post by elkston »

NVShacker wrote:This is actually related to another bug that causes Sol's Bar to get shut down, not something intended -- it's just a side effect of some odd code that caused the game to think that someone had died. It shall be fixed in the next patch.
Hey, you're HIM!!! :)

Anyway, I just decided to pay the $1000 and leave my relationship with Alpha intact. Though I did sneak around back and get his Silenced Pistol.
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

I found another side-effect of the bar going into lockdown - The back entrance is guarded by a door that's 100%, not infinite so I blew it and then explored about a bit. I can get back into the bar through the freezer, but also into someone's apartment and it looks like I trigger a conversation from later on in the game that I've not ever reached yet.

Deus ex players, molesting the obscure corners of your game's action trees since 1999.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Actually that's all fine, you did indeed trigger that conversation prematurely, but that shouldn't cause any problems. Getting back into Sol's through the back is fine :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
elkston
Thug

Post by elkston »

Jonas wrote:Actually that's all fine, you did indeed trigger that conversation prematurely, but that shouldn't cause any problems. Getting back into Sol's through the back is fine :)
Is there any legitimate way, early in the game (i.e. before you access the subway the first time), to get into Sol's through that guy's apartment?

I tried to ring the buzzer for his room (heh, and eventually tried all of the buzzers), but nothing happened. I thought he would unlock the main door for me, but no.

Is there a nano-key somewhere?
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

elkston, like I said you could take out the door to the fenced-off area next to the crazy scarred guy with a LAM, then go up the fire-escape into the apartment.

So I paid up my subway ticket so I could go talk to NVShacker. After finally exploring the conversation tree in a friendly manner, I convinced A2 to burn him to death. Now I'm in trouble with my flatmates for laughing like a drain.

Edit: This definitely always had NVShacker in it. Not Jonas.
Last edited by Patrick on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

elkston wrote:Is there any legitimate way, early in the game (i.e. before you access the subway the first time), to get into Sol's through that guy's apartment?
The buzzer won't work until you actually get a mission to get into Sol's that way. When you get that mission depends on what storyline you're playing.
Patrick wrote:Jonas, I paid up my subway ticket so I could go talk to your alter-ego.
I think you're thinking of NVShacker, Nick's character. I'm fairly sure A2 and my character won't appear in the same general area until later in the game.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine