Maan ShadowCode was flippin' tough.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Maan ShadowCode was flippin' tough.

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Since I beated the game twice I decided to go over the "bonus content" and there learned what the turret hallway was, which reminded me off:

Now there is no danger there, there is still a underground way with spiderbots, which I have to say is *quite* pointless to wander through. Maybe add some goodiees or a "Why take the easy way when there is a hard one?" small XP bonus? :P
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
seimalau
Thug

Post by seimalau »

*after shutting down the 1st ShadowCode server thingamajiggy*

Lololook at you hacker...

Man I love u guys. The moment I heard that I made a very non mannish squeal of delight. Heh, SS 2 is by far the best game I played after DX and Fallout 2. Made me shit brix it did.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well you know I reckoned, we'd already so blatantly stolen that whole concept from System Shock, we might as well go all the way and acknowledge it explicitly ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
xcomcmdr
Thug

Post by xcomcmdr »

Jonas wrote:Well you know I reckoned, we'd already so blatantly stolen that whole concept from System Shock, we might as well go all the way and acknowledge it explicitly ;)
I think I've missed the part 'look at you hacker'. I'll do joyfully the whole ShadowCode thing again, then! :mrgreen:

@Jonas : you're awesome. And all the TNM crew too. ;)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

xcomcmdr wrote:I think I've missed the part 'look at you hacker'. I'll do joyfully the whole ShadowCode thing again, then! :mrgreen:
You can't actually complete the ShadowCode mission without getting that PM, so you probably just didn't pay attention to it :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Skusty
Mole Person

Post by Skusty »

Hello.

I've been playing TNM for a couple of days and I'm loving it, and I like the shadow code mission, but now, I'm stuck in it. I'm supposed to head through the gasroom, but I only have 6 healthpoints on my torso, so if I try to turn the valve, I just die, even if I use my hazmat suit. :( What should I do? I have no medkits or bio-energy left, should I resort to cheating?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I believe you can do it without taking damage if you're fast enough. Alternatively try jumping down from the platform in the room with the staircases (dispose of the spiderbots with some of the explosive crates from the upper platform first though). I don't remember if there are healing supplies down there, but it will definitely be easier to turn off the gas in time if you're coming in from the other direction :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Skusty
Mole Person

Post by Skusty »

Jonas wrote:I believe you can do it without taking damage if you're fast enough. Alternatively try jumping down from the platform in the room with the staircases (dispose of the spiderbots with some of the explosive crates from the upper platform first though). I don't remember if there are healing supplies down there, but it will definitely be easier to turn off the gas in time if you're coming in from the other direction :)
Thanks, but I managed to find a bioelectricalcell behind me. Easier from the other direciton? No way, I came from the lower level into the room. :P

Also, my view is kinda fucked now, it's zoomed out from when I trapped ShadowCode in my brain, so is there a way to fix it? :-k
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Type

Code: Select all

fov 75
into the console :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Unless you're using a widescreen monitor, in which case, use the following based on your aspect ratio:

16:9 = 91.3154482287
15:9 = 87.61661884
16:10 = 85.2812718522

Or..you know, an approximation of the value. :)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Also; if you really cannot survive the gasroom, circumvent it by using multitools on the doors. I hope you have some and a decent level in the skill.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...