Cheating

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Cheating

Post by chris the cynic »

Because I cheat.

Abom doesn't like board guests, if you manage to get a board guest within range he will kill said board guest. Getting a board guest within range is difficult, characters go where they want to go, not where you want them to go. If you harass them enough that may turn out to be, say, through the window of a coffee shop.

Much easier to simply summon a board guest near him. Of course if you're willing to summon a board guest, why leave off there? Why not use a trail of board guests as breadcrumbs to bring Abom to his own captured comrade and let him take out the goats for you? I can't think of a reason why not. After that you can give him his man, get paid, and then continue your trail of board guests passed the n00bs (Abom does not like them) and the firewalls, and then walk away from Abom's dead body contemplating the oddness of it all.

Much fun.

-

Anyone else have cheating stories to share? I realize it is a bit early.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Cheating

Post by Jonas »

...and to think, I thought I was just being over-perfectionistic as usual when I specifically set Abomination up to hate the Goats even though no Goats are anywhere near Abomination's guard post.

This made me laugh. Thank you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ZIGS
NSF

Post by ZIGS »

Haha, serves you right
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Jonas wrote:...and to think, I thought I was just being over-perfectionistic as usual when I specifically set Abomination up to hate the Goats even though no Goats are anywhere near Abomination's guard post.

This made me laugh. Thank you.
You're welcome.

Don't think of it as being over perfectionist, think of it as being the dev who thought of everything.

Anyway. The inventory cheat. I use it. Also, I have identified what I believe to be all of the mod's unique weapons. At the very least every weapon I have identified says it is unique. So I used legend to get to the space station for reasons which have escaped me. Once there I found myself without weapons since I did this from the title screen. Obvious solutions: Hit the key that I had bound to summon all of the unique weapons. Problem: they don't fit in inventory. Solution: see the image.

This is not perfectly optimized, There are five unused slots. Three of them are in a contiguous horizontal section. This means I could add to this a shotgun, a crowbar, a lams, gas grenades, and emp grenades without taking up anymore space.
Attachments
Inventory Cheat 2.jpg
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You might find it interesting to know that the new command "give" functions in much the same way as "summon", except it puts the item in question straight into your inventory - regardless of whether there is room for it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

I've been meaning to try it.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

I suppose I should have added that every item in inventory in that picture can be accessed from inventory. Every item has at least one square on top. Two of the katanas have two squares on top, and the firestaff doesn't have anything over it, everything else has exactly one square on top. I don't feel satisfied with inventory cheating unless I can get to everything from the inventory screen.

Give is nice, just tried it, but (and I recognize the irony of this statement) it feels like cheating.
TheXGhost
Thug

Post by TheXGhost »

I like to create a "FlameFooner" (press t, delete say, and type "set weaponTNMFlamethrower projectileclass foonproj"), turn on god mode, "spawnmass 10 Ghand", and ensue in a FoonFight.
You may also want to make a "Foon Rifle", type "set weaponTNMAssaultGun projectileclass foonproj" and "set weaponTNMAssaultGun bInstantHit false", as he likes to switch between his flamethrower and assault rifle

for being such a crappy weapon, they work well in many numbers. I especially like to make the foons rain like arrows on unsuspecting victims
.siht daer ot emit eht koot yllautca uoy eveileb tnac I
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

Hey Guys , Just Posting To Say That I Found The Last Post In This Section Was Hilarious :lol: Altering The Flamethrower's Projectile class to Throwing foons :lol: I Tried This Very Same Trick , And I Was Left In Stitches Of Laughter After Fighting Around 10 Spawned Ghands :lol:

But , What I'm Really Wanting To Know , Is It Possible To Alter Every One Of The wepon's Projectile classes ? I Was Just Thinking About Having A Rocket Pistol , Instead Of Firing Normal 10mm Ammo , It Fires Rockets :shock: !! Or An Assault Rifle With Tranquliser darts Firing From It Instead :shock:

I Think Youguys Could Come Up With Some Really Intresting Combinations If You Put Your Mind To It :)
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

heliosentity101 wrote:But , What I'm Really Wanting To Know , Is It Possible To Alter Every One Of The wepon's Projectile classes ? I Was Just Thinking About Having A Rocket Pistol , Instead Of Firing Normal 10mm Ammo , It Fires Rockets :shock: !! Or An Assault Rifle With Tranquliser darts Firing From It Instead :shock:
First off, I think you will find that your posts are more pleasing to the eyes, and easier to read, if you capitalize only the first word in a sentence and proper nouns. Second, yes.

If you want to alter the projectile class of something that fires bullets you first must go "set [weaponname] binstanthit false" then change the projectile class as you normally would.

This will also allow you to have swords and the like fire projectiles.
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

No-one went with the nuclear option?
"set weaponTNMFlamethrower projectileclass LAM"

Best from a height.
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Post by heliosentity101 »

Hey guys , posting in this thread again , because im so curious about the topic i brought up with altering the weapons projectiles , and the damage you can set the weapons to do , and i thought to myself , i'm gonna need to get All of tnm's weapon class names , iv'e already guessed most of them , but its just a few ones like the pump gun , trestkons pistols , the phat rifle , and a few others aswell :) that i can't get to mess around with. ever since ive discovered you could do this in dx and tnm , ive been having a lot of fun , just messing around with all the diffrent kinds of properties of the wapons. and recently , i'm also thinking about messing with the properties of the in game characters too , like setting their allegiances , or perhaps giving them diffrent weapons ? ( if this is at all possible ) ... or whatever else may be possible to alter with them , and yeah , i know this might be a pain in the ass to talk about , i'm just being curious after all :) .. if anyone has any ideas or suggestions , pm them to me , or just re post a reply :)
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
swhelin2005
Mole Person

Post by swhelin2005 »

I just started playing with this stuff!

It would be awesome if someone could list the possible commands and such for different projectile types.

I got the flamethrower to throw lams, but I couldn't get it to throw foons (possibly because I had no foons in my inventory?)

Also, do these commands stay in effect if you do not save the game with them? As in, can I load a game, play with a bunch of cheats, exit deus ex, open deus ex, reload the same game and the cheats will not be implemented?

Steve
CommanderCain
Thug

Post by CommanderCain »

"set weaponTNMFlamethrower projectileclass lam"

I THINK that should make it shoot lams
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

chris the cynic wrote:Because I cheat.

Abom doesn't like board guests, if you manage to get a board guest within range he will kill said board guest. Getting a board guest within range is difficult, characters go where they want to go, not where you want them to go. If you harass them enough that may turn out to be, say, through the window of a coffee shop.

Much easier to simply summon a board guest near him. Of course if you're willing to summon a board guest, why leave off there? Why not use a trail of board guests as breadcrumbs to bring Abom to his own captured comrade and let him take out the goats for you? I can't think of a reason why not. After that you can give him his man, get paid, and then continue your trail of board guests passed the n00bs (Abom does not like them) and the firewalls, and then walk away from Abom's dead body contemplating the oddness of it all.

Much fun.

-

Anyone else have cheating stories to share? I realize it is a bit early.
I found a dead board guest near the Llama temple on my first playthrough, I guess this pretty much explains it.