The Mystical Firestaff

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Dieu-Sama
Mole Person

The Mystical Firestaff

Post by Dieu-Sama »

My current main objective is to find it and give it for Scara, I' m in DXI ruins, in the excavation site, but I didn' t manage to find it.

My question is VERY simple : Where, precisely, is this Firestaff ?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: The Mystical Firestaff

Post by Jonas »

There are three exits from the first area you enter with the elevator - you'll want to go through the caverns to your immediate right upon entering DXI.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dieu-Sama
Mole Person

Post by Dieu-Sama »

Thanks, Jonas.
Thug

Post by 970261 »

does the fire staff have more uses outside DXI?

also, what is the admin log in for closing the threads? i don't have explosives to blow the failsafe consoles up.
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Hmm well it is mentioned later and the fact that I didn't have it with me was also mentioned, so I dunno...

Use the following commands:

dir
cd <plus the things you saw on the dir list>
dir (again)
do this until you get .log and .txt files
Read <filename> them

I had trouble with it to because I kept trying to "read" directories.
Draconis
Thug

Post by Draconis »

Yeah, I just want to add that I loved that computer puzzle with finding the admin account and all. Great job as with everything else in the game.
RLS
Thug

Post by RLS »

I must be missing something here. I got the firestaff and jumped/ghosted my way back to the starting cavern but the lift does not work. I understand I must do something to activate the lift but I don't quite follow what it is. I have gone "left" , down the ladder and tried pushing buttons on the ION towers but nothing seems to happen. What have I missed???
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

RLS use "fly". When you use ghost you don't get PMs but with fly you do. Also talk to Beebilquix you bastard, he's spent years of his life looking for that staff! :P
Lewis
Mole Person

Post by Lewis »

I'm sure I've gone EVERYWHERE in DXI and can't find this bloody staff.

The cavern to your immediate right upon entering DXI? Um, there isn't one. do you mean the stairs up to the right? Have gone up there, covered every single room (including the one with all the firestaff mana and the horrible spiderbot, and up the vents across to the other side, and everything). Gone back down, tried the elevators which didn't work. Pressed every button there is to press. I even got frustrated and turned on 'ghost' mode to clip out of the map, to see if there were any rooms I've missed (sorry for the cheating!). There weren't. Completely baffled. Have retracted my steps at least ten times. Spent about three hours in there searching every nook and cranny. I am officially stuck. I am probably being a superidiot.
Lewis
Mole Person

Post by Lewis »

Oh wow, I was being stupid. Problem solved.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hmm that entrance probably should have been more obvious.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
RLS
Thug

Post by RLS »

Thanks JC-Helios. Your tip plus others on this thread finally got me out of DXI. I think that section needs a few tweaks to make work a little better. (I was not sure Beebilquix would talk to me since I had shot all of his rats in frustration.) At this point I am just trying to get through the game once, using as few cheats as possible. The game crashes so often that it is not really fun, more of a chore. The amount of effort the designers have put into the game is amazing so I hope the patch releases will take care of a lot of the initial problems.
Lewis
Mole Person

Post by Lewis »

My main issue for this bit was that Beebilquix didn't really point out the route I needed to take. He directed me to the area with the BSP holes, but told me nothing interesting was there. He was standing in front of a ladder which led down to what looked like an important complex, so that was the route I took. There was nothing essential there, though an abundance of equipment top-ups, but the nature of the area left me thinking there was something to do there (an elevator that had been deactivated seemed like a perfect puzzle set-up). But never was it suggested that I might be in the wrong place (something that was very well incorporated in other areas of the game). Only after venturing back to the initial cave did I spot the tiny, inconspicuous passage I needed to be traversing.
Overyou
Mole Person

Post by Overyou »

I must say I did the same thing as you Lewis in my first playthrough, I was so certain that the firestaff was in that complex down the ladder that I spent half an hour looking for it everywhere before realising something was wrong.
RLS
Thug

Post by RLS »

I think maybe Beeblilquix should have a map sketched out on the wall of his room which would show the various exits out of the main cavern and some notes on what he has discovered in each one. Maybe there should be some logs on his computer which would have reports of what he (and his team) found or radioed back going into each exit. In particular, on the route to the Firestaff there should be something about "Found a passage way out the back. Now seeing lava caverns. There may be a way to explore back further if we had some bridging material. ...... Eeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Any place that has a temporary stand light has supposedly been "explored" so there should be some notes/maps somewhere.