Vortex grenade and stick of uranium...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Yavin1v
Mole Person

Vortex grenade and stick of uranium...

Post by Yavin1v »

Could anyone tell me where i could find these two items?? yardbomb's items quest is taking too much of my inventory but i still can't find uranium anywhere... and about the vortex grenade, ever since i watched that video on mod.db i cant wait to use it :twisted: ....
yns88
Thug

Re: Vortex grenade and stick of uranium...

Post by yns88 »

I forgot where I found the vortex grenade, but the uranium is up high somewhere, and indoors.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Depending on what difficulty setting you're playing on, there may be only 1 vortex grenade in the entire game.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jonas wrote:Depending on what difficulty setting you're playing on, there may be only 1 vortex grenade in the entire game.
I am on the minimal difficulty and I have found ONE, I am saving it for either the final boss or the end of the game.

ONE? Overkill I bet, probably more overkill than [NOBODY CARES]....
yns88
Thug

Post by yns88 »

I used mine on ZeroPresence. I found it quite amusing how everyone and their sister asked me afterwards about the battle and Trestkon explained it as if either of them even exchanged blows.
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

Kee715 wrote:I am on the minimal difficulty and I have found ONE, I am saving it for either the final boss or the end of the game.
Depending on the campaign, one final boss has ADS so you may want to reconsider ;)
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

I am playing the PDX storyline.

ADS!? Crapple flavoured ****sicle that sucks...

Well I found a second one, pawning time!!! :D
KON_Air
Mole Person

Post by KON_Air »

Another tip about Uranium Sticks is that they look exactly like Flares, first time I skipped them thinking this mod is wacky enough to put security systems to protect flares in some abandoned building.
Scale
NSF

Post by Scale »

yns88 wrote:I used mine on ZeroPresence. I found it quite amusing how everyone and their sister asked me afterwards about the battle and Trestkon explained it as if either of them even exchanged blows.
Haha i put a fire laser mine outside the door and rapidly talked to him then doors close and the mine activates kill him instantly :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You guys don't even know the meaning of a fair fight. Phasmatis (the character) would be ashamed of you all ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I knocked out ZP with a single ricebag. Phas talked about how epic the fight was.

Ricebags for the win.

-

That reminds me. Using the ricebag launcher apparently doesn't count as using the rifle, when talking to Winq later.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ah yes, about that Winquman thing... actually what we do there is just check if you have the rifle in your inventory when you talk to him, and if not, assume you never picked it up or tossed it before you had a chance to use it. I know, I know, it's kind of a lame way to do it, but such is game development.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ZIGS
NSF

Post by ZIGS »

KON_Air wrote:Another tip about Uranium Sticks is that they look exactly like Flares, first time I skipped them thinking this mod is wacky enough to put security systems to protect flares in some abandoned building.
lol, same thing happened to me. I shot the crates and was like "WTF, flares?!". Damn lazy devs, not bothering to create custom models for new items...

just kidding :lol:
TownWithoutJustice
Mole Person

Post by TownWithoutJustice »

AH cheers now i know where to look for that damn uranium! I'll grab it on my 2nd walkthru! (btw I found the way you represented rabid dog blood in the game rather amusing)

I found 3 vortex grenades on normal diff, one was in one of the offices where you dump Shadowcode onto a local machine. downstairs i think.
"if you can read this, you don't need glasses"
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

actually, it could have easily used the flare model, but used a simple new texture...

<3 fellow TNM members!