how the hell did you guys kill ZP?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Paul1290
NSF

Re: how the hell did you guys kill ZP?

Post by Paul1290 »

I threw a molotov cocktail and set him on fire. :twisted:

Then I chucked a couple LAMs his way while he was running around.
Andy.G
Thug

Post by Andy.G »

I had a series of attempts at trying to kill ZeroPresence when he first appeared in DXI.
The first time we actually dueled, pistols out and everything. I lost :(
Second time, I tried Phat gunning him. I lost again.
Third time, I wasn't taking any chances. As soon as the conversation ended I ran up to him dual fired my pistols into his forehead. While I felt exalted at defeating this notable adversary but when Killie called up and called me a hypocrite, I felt so ashamed at killing Zero that I loaded it up again, this time with the intention of rendering him unconcious.

So with my fourth time, I attempted to use tranqualiser darts on him until he fell. This took rather longer than I expected and after a minute of running around I was gunned down AGAIN.
Thus with my fith try, I went back to basics and stunned him as soon as he finished talking. This really got under Killies' skin and made me feel awesome.

Thanks for the memories guys!
Agent_Kyramud
Thug

Post by Agent_Kyramud »

Though I haven't tried this one, you could always try stunning him with the prod and then shooting him in the face with the 30.06. Or I suppose if you can get out of that and to the hiding spiderbot in the next area and not die, you could use a scrambler and watch the show. Or simply shoot him in the face with a dart was he runs up to have a chat with you.

And am I the only one who thinks that flare darts should catch people on fire?
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Agent_Kyramud wrote:And am I the only one who thinks that flare darts should catch people on fire?
They do in Shifter I think.
I found flare darts ridiculously useful when mucking around in the sewers, when I was trying to conserve bio energy, and hadn't upgraded the Light aug. And you only really need 2 if you just shoot one to make light, go over to it, shoot another one, pick up the first one and carry on.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

That works for you? Strange. I was shooting darts into things, then picking them up, and my ammo count wasn't going up when I retrieved the darts. I ran out of darts doing that.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

I think reloading the mini-crossbow sorts things out.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There's an ammo count problem in 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 - it's been fixed for 1.0.2, but just don't trust your ammo display for the minicrossbow or the GEP gun until we get the patch out.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

1) Throw gas grenades in before talking to him, turn on environmental resistance and dts/riot prod him
2) Run in and kill straight after conv. with DTS
3) Shoot with rice bag straight after conv.
Eizon
Mole Person

Post by Eizon »

First time I tried getting into a firefight with him, but with Fragile health, even Ballistic Protection wouldn't save me from one-shot kill from his sniper.

Second time I sprayed him in the face with a fire-extinguisher and then zapped him with the prod. :P
Illumonic
Thug

Post by Illumonic »

I had the conversation with ZP in the corridor with the doors closed, and was able to kill him easily with my Ronin sword and level 2 combat strength with a couple wacks.
DXI Chat log
[_wraith] Any thought of incorporting ancient mysteries into the plot such as pyramids, Machu Pichu, legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls?
[Witchboy] wraith, we touch on the knights templar
[MISMonkey] You touched him where?
[Scott_M] echo... echo... echo...
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

In DXI he starts running toward me after i open the door to that lobby thing, and all i do is take out the doubleguns (on advanced and heavily modded for accuracy recoil and reload), and the man barely has a chance to switch to cloak let alone his sniper rifle. I honestly felt a bit bad like i broke the game, especially after KK congratulates me so much on a good fight. Honestly, i just stood there and shot at him as he approached me. I think he was trying to initiate a conversation, but i'll never give him the chance.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

On a side note, in the WorldCorp storyline, where you fight Slicer in the same place, I positioned myself just so that the doors tried to automatically close on Slicer repeatedly, only to cancel closing due to hitting him, making him go "OW" in pain over and over again throughout the very long conversation. :twisted:
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

After the conversation I just got my dual guns and shot him repeatingly. Then when he started running used the DTS to save myself some ammo. Of course I just played on "challenging" (normal) and got shot once in the head, but I just headed down to the medbot to fix that up.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

How did I kill him?

Well...

Augs used: Cloak

Weapons used: LAW

Yup.
hazwang
Mole Person