how the hell did you guys kill ZP?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

SilverKnight
Thug

Re: how the hell did you guys kill ZP?

Post by SilverKnight »

When the cutscene ended, I hit him in the face with a riot prod, dropped a gas grenade at his feet, and poked him in the forehead with a clip of tranq darts while he rubbed his eyes. He fell over a moment later.

Then I decided to be nice, and carried his unconscious body back over the lava-chasm of death, and up the elevator. Imagine my surprise when Zero called me on the holocomm right outside, still doubled over in my arms. (i was going to haul him back to PDX and see if anyone says anything. And besides! It would be bad if he beat up Beeblequix for my hud codes)
kitthehacker
Mole Person

Post by kitthehacker »

Every one keeps saying that he's really hard, but I just hit him once with my dragon tooth sword and he died. He didn't even get a shot off 8)
Wounded Ronin
Thug

Post by Wounded Ronin »

I just whacked him a few times with the nanosword. The nanosword can pwn just about anything in the game that won't explode and cause damage to you when you kill it.

Hell, I remember how in the original Deus Ex I'd run up to the military bots and play Luke Skywalker using the nanosword.
Zodiac
Thug

Post by Zodiac »

Kill him? I subdued him at first, tried killing him, and I decided Kylie's first reaction was better, so I left him unconscious.

I kept hitting him with Tranqs and kept my level one Targeting on (which honestly doesn't really do much but it at least tells me when I've caught him.

One annoying thing about this guy is that he likes to keep his distance, he won't pull out a melee weapon if you get close. That's how I killed Walton Simons in DX inside the underwater base; I got close and he put away his Plasma Rifle which let me cut his throat with the DTS and then the Karkians had a feast (prolly caught Grey Death after)

The enemies in Deus Ex and TNM or w/e; whenever it's a boss fight or mini boss fight, the enemy will be friendly at first, and then they run up to you, have a little chat, and then they pull out a weapon before you have a chance to beam yours up and then bam, ur dead. I recommend just showering ZeroPresence with 20MM grenades from the AR before he even gets a chance to talk. I hit him directly with two and he was dead, like that.
CommanderCain
Thug

Post by CommanderCain »

I saw him and just shot him in the head with my sniper, too much DXMP i always was really good at just running around sniping people who show up around corners lol...
Heft
Mole Person

Post by Heft »

I just knocked him unconscious with my stun gloves both times. Was a little more complicated the second time, since I had to dispatch the 3 or 4 guards that were with him (If I'm remembering things right) before I could focus on just whacking over and over with the gloves until he fell down.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I felt like fighting a real fight, so I swapped on all my augs and brought on trestkons pistols... which I had pisspoor accuracy with... Because I mean, if he has to fight with a weapon named after him, so do I :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Fists. If all else fails beat them to death!

The way a REAL man kills.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
Kman
Thug

Post by Kman »

I used a combination of Gas Grenades and a Dragon Tooth sword.

Talked to him, gassed him, hit him 2 times, went down.

Oh and by the way, his rifle is freaking awesome.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

I had the stun fists. Soon as he stopped talking I started punching him. Took a while, with him standing there shaking, which was hilarious after the epic introduction of the battle and his talk before hand. Then I got back to PDX where they told me about this epic battle with tremendous skill on both sides and I probably had the hardest laugh in the game so far. Good stuff.
HTNK
Mole Person

Post by HTNK »

I'm currently replaying TNM on highest difficulty setting and ZP was really a though one. Kept killing me with single shot after the conversation ended. I died about a dozen times trying to take him out with sniper rifle or auto shotgun (rifles : advanced). Finally I took him out by planting tree LAM's (explosives : trained) on walls in the "airlock" right before the chamber with ZP. First I hit him with a LAW (heavy weapons : untrained) before he can even come close to start a conversation and then lured him into the "airlock" and watched the fireworks :) ! Probably a little overkill but I grew tired of dying ;)
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

I take out PHATRifle loaded with a rice bag out, aim for the head, pull the trigger.. and tahts it.
But if i needed to kill him, i used trestkon pistols(when playing with pistol skill).

a bit offtopic: if kylie is knocked out in sols, will it prevent her from pming and coming to space station?
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Rex wrote:I take out PHATRifle loaded with a rice bag out, aim for the head, pull the trigger.. and tahts it.
But if i needed to kill him, i used trestkon pistols(when playing with pistol skill).

a bit offtopic: if kylie is knocked out in sols, will it prevent her from pming and coming to space station?
Since version 1.0.1 she has been immune to knockout.Though let's just say...."try it and see" ;)
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

I mean, the rice bags from phat rifle, will they afect storyline and pms? They didn't afect scara.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Rex wrote:I mean, the rice bags from phat rifle, will they afect storyline and pms? They didn't afect scara.
I think Kylie eventually wakes up(before the bar is bombed) and PMs/attacks you later.

If you kill her there is something different that happens.