Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions topic.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

silensurvivor2012
Thug

Abomination just got crazy!

Post by silensurvivor2012 »

I was talking to Abomb, negotiating the rescuing of the Llama prisioner being held by the Goats. After that i took a walk around the temple. Then he suddenly freaked out and started to attack some poor board guest who was passing by blowing up everything on his path incluiding another bystander and a firewall officer. Too bad i didn't take screenshots when this happened but it was pretty hilarious. Is this a bug perhaps? Or does Abomination hate board guests that much?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions to

Post by Jonas »

He hates board guests that much, he's specifically set up to attack them on sight ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Eye.sys
Thug

Post by Eye.sys »

Hya Jonas, I summoned you at DXI. Trestkon suggested that I posted a line in the forum so here it is :D
Just so you know.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hahah nice, thanks for dropping by ;)

Consider buying my new game, while I have your attention: http://conquistadorthegame.com/buy-the-game/

It's super bastard hard, apparently.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Eye.sys
Thug

Post by Eye.sys »

You have my attention.

And Jonas I'm noticing just now that you curriculum really is augmented! I'm impressed.
Xfing
Thug

Post by Xfing »

Um, hello guys! I just registered, simply because I loved the mod so much that I needed to share it. I don't think I'll be playing the regular DX anytime soon, TNM is just more enjoyable in many aspects.

As for this topic: I'm a Shifter player and I've noticed that while the mod melds with Shifter very well, it does override some Shifter features.

- Weapon damage has been reset to regular DX values from those modified by Shifter: crowbars do only 6 points while they did 12 in Shifter, swords do 10 rather than 20, stealth pistols do 8 rather than 12 etc. It's a shame, since those changes brought much needed balance to the weapons.
- While using aug canisters to upgrade augs has been thought of (independently, most likely), it's no longer possible to replace an aug using a canister for the appropriate slot. That is probaby good, though, since this feature removed much of the lasting effects of decision making.
- The alt-fire modes of weapons introduced in Shifter are all gone. Like throwing combat knives or crowbars (this one's not really needed thanks to the abundance of throwing knives and foons/sporks), loading several shells into the sawed-off shotgun's barrel and so on.
- The randomly looted Rate of Fire mod is recognized by no weapon in TNM. Which makes the nifty weapon mod useless.

However, I'm very happy with being able to give unconscious people coups-de-grace. I had thought of this feature for Shifter, so I was pleasantly surprised with the way you can interact with unconscious bodies in TNM.

I installed the mod after Shifter was already installed, perhaps if I installed Shifter again, the features I wrote about above would be present? If not, is there a way to make them compatible with each other?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

No, it's because Shifter modifies DX weapons and all weapons in TNM are TNM weapons. Overwriting the DX values with the damage and abilities the developers added here.
The only solution would be to apply the same changes shifter made to the TNM weapons, which is quite a task.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Xfing
Thug

Post by Xfing »

Oh.. That explains quite a bit. Thanks! I assume that things like the reversed merge of Combat Strength and Microfibral Muscle to make place for Electrostatic Discharge are also a similar matter?

Also, I have noticed that the PHAT-Rifle doesn't gib enemies upon death, they just get slim again and die. I have also been unable to gib even the lowliest of minions with the Gibinator - they just die with their corpses intact. Which is quite a pity, since I love gibs. Gibs have been one of my favorite features of early classic FPS games that the popular "realistic" shooters of today sorely lack.
x51
Thug

Post by x51 »

Hello, everyone!

Why when I summoning DX1 weapons game saids that it is a bug. What's difference from, for example, TNM 10mm pistol and DX1 10mm pistol? For first look it is identical, besides textures.
Nyet! You can not steal from Hammer and Sickle!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The model and animations are different too...

We replaced all DX weapons with TNM equivalents, as a matter of principle. Not all of them are actually mechanically different from the originals.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
- When you get the optional stealth mission from the wolf he doesn't ask for your infolink codes, yet he observes your mission to steal the goat poster.

Nicely spotted. Would fix it if we could, but adding new voice-over now is functionally impossible.
As you can't have more voice-over for that part, what about just adding a part at the end of the conversation such as [Trestkon gives the wolf his infolink codes] so you don't need any voice-over or have a piece of conversation which has no voice over but feels out of place without it.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Since we don't use descriptive text in the conversation system at any point during the game, putting it in there would be pretty out of place.

Plus, I don't think it's very likely that any further updates to TNM will be released. Right now I'm kinda lazily struggling to get somebody else to wrap up 1.0.5 and release that.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Not exactly true, there's the ending to the conversation on the final level, with DD ;) .
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I don't recall.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Something like [The conversation is cut off] at the end of the recording... been a while since I played it.