Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions topic.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions topic.

Post by Jonas »

Nope, Nick and Shane have been helping out. And even Phas, on a couple of weapon-related fixes. Larry mostly helps testing it all, and of course compiling the patchers.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

So you guys are still working on patches? I thought they done for good.
wink wonk
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

There is mention of a 1.04 patch, then they're putting TNM to bed. Playing it is a whole lot more fun then having to patch it etc. I should imagine.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Not to mention it's about time to move to Project StarCraft II Battleship :D.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Don't you mean Project Dan Simmons novel named after John Keats poem named after a Titan?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Starship Troopers, but you role play as the bugs. :)
A little patch humour........ nyuck, nyuck.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions to

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Some suggestions & possible overlooked details

Details:
- When you get the optional stealth mission from the wolf he doesn't ask for your infolink codes, yet he observes your mission to steal the goat poster.

Lol such an awesome mission, so serious (mostly) and has a cool storyline, great atmosphere....yet who gives you the mission? A fucking wolf! Such a head fuck I love it.

- In the same part of the game (return from DXI) the Party Zone is closed with the opening times on the door reading "open 6pm-9am" yet look up and it is is dark (as always). Dunno if you care about this detail or not since the game doesn't take itself seriously.

Question:
- The sewers in the corporate district are accessible after returning from DXI, any point in going down there again other than a swim?

Small Gripes(Ignore this section):
- When exiting Ravings I walked up the stairs and noticed a ledge above the area that the cute wolf is hanging around. Me being the in-depth explorer goes across the district looking for something stackable to be able to get up there, I bring 2 huge dumpsters back avoiding the giant bots (I already wiped out the small army, well the firewalls should take most of the credit for that one).
Anyway I stack these dumpsters and speed jump off them to get up there and there was nothing! not a secondary entrance to DXediting, snipers nest with items or whatever. My gripe here is the Hubs do not have enough secret areas :(

- Also in this part of the game my stash at Ravings weapon shop had disappeared. I had accumulated many items, including roughly 20 wine bottles and 20 chemical containers to make molotovs once I was trained in demolition skill.
I realise that upon returning from DXI the districts are "new areas" so nothing can be done, but I was tricked because they stayed there since the beginning until now. I went through the worldcorp infiltration missions, Goat city + Shadowcode and some side missions. Should have seen it coming really.

Core DX related gripes:

- Throwing Knifes carrying limit is 25 same as DX, needs to be doubled at least imo.

- The scope mechanics I moaned about in another thread (are there any mods that address this?).

Hope you got something for 1.0.5 there, or at least got a laugh out of reading about my misfortunes.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Cybernetic pig wrote:- When you get the optional stealth mission from the wolf he doesn't ask for your infolink codes, yet he observes your mission to steal the goat poster.
Nicely spotted. Would fix it if we could, but adding new voice-over now is functionally impossible.
- In the same part of the game (return from DXI) the Party Zone is closed with the opening times on the door reading "open 6pm-9am" yet look up and it is is dark (as always). Dunno if you care about this detail or not since the game doesn't take itself seriously.
The Party Zone closed the morning before and they hung up that sign, but they didn't open again the next night because the city was under attack :smile:
- The sewers in the corporate district are accessible after returning from DXI, any point in going down there again other than a swim?
I think some items will appear, but most of the goodies carry over so they'll be gone if you already picked them up the day before. There'll be a few new things in DDL's hang-out though, but probably not worth going down there for if you're confident you've already found everything.
- When exiting Ravings I walked up the stairs and noticed a ledge above the area that the cute wolf is hanging around. Me being the in-depth explorer goes across the district looking for something stackable to be able to get up there, I bring 2 huge dumpsters back avoiding the giant bots (I already wiped out the small army, well the firewalls should take most of the credit for that one).
Anyway I stack these dumpsters and speed jump off them to get up there and there was nothing! not a secondary entrance to DXediting, snipers nest with items or whatever. My gripe here is the Hubs do not have enough secret areas :(
You can never have enough secret areas :P

Gotta stop somewhere though. If every single corner of the game had hidden goodies, nothing hidden would ever feel special. There's gotta be some dead ends so the real secrets will be satisfying to find.
- Also in this part of the game my stash at Ravings weapon shop had disappeared. I had accumulated many items, including roughly 20 wine bottles and 20 chemical containers to make molotovs once I was trained in demolition skill.
I realise that upon returning from DXI the districts are "new areas" so nothing can be done, but I was tricked because they stayed there since the beginning until now. I went through the worldcorp infiltration missions, Goat city + Shadowcode and some side missions. Should have seen it coming really.
Yeah you should, since your infolink operator specifically points out the break point ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Jonas wrote:The Party Zone closed the morning before and they hung up that sign, but they didn't open again the next night because the city was under attack :smile:
But that never stopped em in DX Paris! "Go cat go!" Lol nope that was pretty stupid of me, besides it was martial law in dx not a full scale attack. #-o
Jonas wrote: Gotta stop somewhere though. If every single corner of the game had hidden goodies, nothing hidden would ever feel special. There's gotta be some dead ends so the real secrets will be satisfying to find.
Agreed, but I would have still prefered just a couple more for each hub.
Jonas wrote: Yeah you should, since your infolink operator specifically points out the break point ;)
Yeah but the first thing that came to mind was side quests. Was my fault though.

I'd better think harder next time I challenge you :)

That Evil Invasion has a really cool voice, great choice for operator.
And you sir were hilarious! I robbed your aug canister once you changed the codes to the chamber and you went ape shit! Great voice acting that was a memorable moment, had me in stitches.
"You're a dick, see if you get another aug from me!" Lol it's a shame there was hardly any reaction to theft in DX.
flamandarina
Mole Person

Post by flamandarina »

i`m so sorry about coming here with such a stupid question... but i`m trying to end the game and i can`t cut narcissus from the computer, i just can`t find this console where i have to write *AIAdm/Cassandra*. i guess, this is a terminal, but i don`t know the password... i just hack it and it writes: what are you looking for?

i don`t know what to do, i`ve found only the hidden ending. please, help me. sorry for my english)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The console should be right behind Narcissus' interface terminal (that is, the place where its symbol is hovering and you can talk to it). You're saying the login and password doesn't work there, or what?

See here for more information, but be careful not to read to far ahead and spoiling anything for yourself (not that there's much left to spoil at the point where you're up to :)): http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/Walkthro ... PDX_Ending
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
flamandarina
Mole Person

Post by flamandarina »

well, i hack the terminal, then i don`t get my skillpoints and nobody wants to talk to me outside - though i`ve made everything that i needed to do. and i meet kylie and greensilver, but something is still not ended. i realized that when i made a lot of things without walkthrough and the computer down the ai mainframe (where the narcissus lives) didn`t give me any response, then i`ve started again aaand still nothing. and as i understood, this cutting is an important thing for all endings.

so - i come to the narc., talk to him, hack the terminal and see this phrase and then nothing - no king kashue or anybody else. maybe it`s a bug?

thank you for your answer, i think it`s not easy to understand what am i trying to say)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Send me a screenshot of the terminal you're trying to access. And also, you've tried just using the login and password I gave, yes?

Honestly I don't remember all the details about TNM anymore. Throughout its development and a good year or two after release I knew every single little thing about the mod, but I had to clear out some TNM knowledge to make room for my new projects after that ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
flamandarina
Mole Person

Post by flamandarina »

Did i say sorry? :)

i`vr tried the fourth time and realised that there is no such thing like in a original deus ex, when you can try all endings, no matter what did you do all the time before

i`ve tried ryan`s ending and it worked. that means, if i want to try the wc ending, i need to play the whole new game again.

well, thank you for your help and for the game. it`s marvellous! and very funny.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ah, yes there is that. Well... Ryan's ending is usually available in addition to your main faction ending, so you'll either have WorldCorp or PlanetDeusEx available to you. But you can't do both PDX and WorldCorp in one playthrough, that's true.

And you're welcome :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine