Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions topic.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

odawali
UNATCO

Re: Unofficial: Suggestions, Gameplay Help, and Questions topic.

Post by odawali »

But that's basically the same as having Lollerskates with an off switch, only built into the game. Doesn't sound right IMO. Is it such a big deal to hold down "W"? You could just rebind forward to the right mouse button. The real hassle with transportation is the time it takes to get to the destination, and the fact that you have to watch where you're going the whole time. It's not the part where you have to hold down the forward key, at least for me.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I think you missed the parts of the lollerskates where they propel you forward at ludicrous speed and you can't actually turn them off until they run out of power.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I am on the Space Station and on Game Spy Level 4 and I went under the floor (where the red glow is) I found one button your meant to press, and it says "One more to go" or something, meaning there is another button down there which your meant to press, but I can't find it, any help? I already pressed all 6 buttons, on the other things and just need to press this one I can't seem to find. Its on the map with the red nanovirus texture and there are tiny aliens under the red part of the floor (which you can see). I am playing the PDX story
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Cheers, just have to get through next part :-k
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

What's with the clearances? With 6C I can turn off every camera, even in the sublevel, and I can also gain access to the Sublevel prisons even though I'm not supposed to be down there? :P I guess it falls under a small 'back door' with the security. 7D using the same access for prisons as 6C.... except there's no other prisons in the building.. So I guess game balance then... Might have been an interesting conversation if you could report the problem to Scara. :lol:

Does the fire sword really do 100 or is it like the DTS? 25*5?

Small Critiques:(Disclaimer: not suggestions, or things I expect "fixed"... just rambling, and maybe some recommendations should your next project be an open world/choices... type project. I also note the narcissus "infinite work" clause.

TNM seems a bit too pacifist at times in terms of content.(Not including Scara of course :D ) Even as a an asshole jerkwad, I still find myself saying "No, no, no don't kill him because then nothing will happen later." It would have been nice if there was a bit of actual consequences, and revenge type stuff for murdering people. Maybe even replace the 2nd encounter in ABI with a random guard who is convinced that he is your nemesis and that he's important.( Kind of addressed that with the very first overheard convo, but TNM had some other great foreshadowing along those lines.)

I brought it up a little bit in a TNM gamefaqs topic, but I think this guy puts it a bit better. The lack of certain emotions and feeling is likely due to the humorous, internet setting, so can't really hold it against the mod....

Lot's of door 'props' and such used for flavor and quite a bit of flavor buildings really , but I understand how impossibly long it would take to create a full city where you could access everything, and blahblahblah.... Deus ex probably wouldn't even be able to run it. What is a little annoying though is when I'm in a vent and I come to a dead end where the vent just goes up, I use speed aug to jump up where the vent goes and see nothing but two dead ends on either side which would serve no purpose in a real venting system.... I know it's incredibly OCD of me but it just makes it more obvious that it's a game. (Maybe if the dead ends had the Narcissus insignia on them we could just call it a joke.. :lol: )

Can't think of any others at the moment...

Suggestion(s):

Would it be possible to have the WC troops actually form up in guard positions after they take a PDX emplacement? Rather than just all swarm around a single point with 4 guys standing still while the rest of the attack force runs all around trying to occupy the place where the 4 guys are.

Am I the only one that thinks the 2 TNM heavy weapons are a bit underpowered? Napalm launcher has interesting tactical uses sure, but even when I hit a WC Commando twice with "boring" mode after the napalm went off both times he managed to avoid catching on fire.
As for the Quad launcher it often times has trouble even bringing down humans(pushover difficulty even), and the smaller bots take like 4-6 rockets. Sure there's EMP rockets, but the GEP gun has access to those, and WP rockets, and it can hold a max of 20 rockets rather than 16. The only thing it seems to have going for it is a clip of 4, and the lock-on, both of which usually aren't useful due to enemies often coming at me in a straight line from afar, and often times just needing that extra 3 rockets to finish of the human enemy, or a bot.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

As the quad-launcher's description states, it's strictly an anti-personnel weapon. It deals a hundred damage though, so it should pretty much kill anybody you hit with it in a single shot. The splash damage is pretty weak though, maybe that's your problem.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Well on advanced heavy skill in NSC. I noticed the normal firewalls taking like 1-2 hits to go down (usually one, I think) but the Firewall Agents would take like 2-3. I just don't et what makes it all that better than the GEP. Maybe if it occupied less space or you could move faster with it.... but I guess it can always be blamed on being experimental.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's not better than the GEP, the GEP is an anti-armour weapon. The quad launcher is just different. As an anti-personnel rocket launcher, it serves a function no other weapon does. Whether that's useful to you is not up for me to decide, I assume you're clever enough to determine your own play style and figure out what weapons you need or want for it :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Thug

Post by 970261 »

i know the QRL's an anti-personnel weapon, but i would've preferred if it was 2 x 3 instead of 4. Weaker than the GEP gun, holds less ammo, but having the same space requirement isn't really worth holding onto personally....

Even if it's a unique weapon....

Although i DID see a guard in ABI having this same weapon and used it against me.
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

I think there has to be more ways to kill the triangular flying bot things (no idea what you call them) as they make the mission to get rid of Shadowcode a nightmare for stealth players who rely on pistols and demolitions as their primary weapon skills.

I typically don't bother too much with heavy weapons so I rely primarily on EMP grenades for use against bots. Unfortunately, due to their floaty nature this tends not to work as well against the "flying triangles of electric death". In normal Deus Ex I would avoided the bots if I wasn't able to confront them for any reason, but these bots are extremely difficult to sneak around due to their numbers and placement.

The solution I ended up using was less than elegant, involving loading up with plenty of 30.06 ammunition prior to going in. Luckily I happened to have a sniper rifle on hand, if I didn't I probably would have been pretty screwed.

The thing is that I probably wouldn't have carried it around if it wasn't for this mission. Also, this solution isn't exactly one that can be counted on since it contradicts "learned behaviors" the player would have picked up in Deus Ex and just about everywhere else in this mod, which tend to strongly discourage the use of bullets against bots.

I suspect I may be missing something, but from what I've seen compared to the rest of the game the "flying triangles of electric death" make this particular story mission extremely painful for stealth players.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Not if you run, or get to know where the hoverbot's "eyes" are. Once you get to know them, the hoverbots are quite easy to sneak past. Also a stealth player should probably have a decent supply of EMP grenades, scramblers, EMP pistol; those should help for taking out whatever hoverbots you can't manage to sneak/run past.

I kind of wish they didn't nerf the hover bots, and just made more.... scripted ways to kill them . Like placing them underneath hanging pianos, near floating explosive crates or along a pipe filled with hot steam that you could shoot or turn a valve to open up. (First two or jokes but the third one would have been nice, perhaps some explanation about the hoverbots going into hibernation near heated things in order to retain energy... I dunno.)
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

JC_Helios wrote:even when I hit a WC Commando twice with "boring" mode after the napalm went off both times he managed to avoid catching on fire.
Are you sure WC Commandos can catch fire? We're talking the big dudes with arm mounted rockets, right?

JC_Helios wrote:As for the Quad launcher it often times has trouble even bringing down humans(pushover difficulty even), and the smaller bots take like 4-6 rockets. Sure there's EMP rockets, but the GEP gun has access to those, and WP rockets, and it can hold a max of 20 rockets rather than 16. The only thing it seems to have going for it is a clip of 4, and the lock-on, both of which usually aren't useful due to enemies often coming at me in a straight line from afar, and often times just needing that extra 3 rockets to finish of the human enemy, or a bot.
GEP has a lock-on too, you know :P. Anyway, the fact that the quad launcher uses an entirely different rocket type, can spam said rocket type, and that ammo for said rocket type is really quite plentiful (as opposed to gep ammo, which AM TOO RARE).....makes it fun. If not subtle.

Plus you get the plans from me: what's not to love?
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

DDL wrote:
JC_Helios wrote:even when I hit a WC Commando twice with "boring" mode after the napalm went off both times he managed to avoid catching on fire.
Are you sure WC Commandos can catch fire? We're talking the big dudes with arm mounted rockets, right?
Well I can tell you the ABI Commandos can't catch fire. I wailed on one with the fire staff recently for awhile and it did the lolI'mImmune blue shield.
Agent_Kyramud
Thug

Post by Agent_Kyramud »

Jonas wrote:As the quad-launcher's description states, it's strictly an anti-personnel weapon. It deals a hundred damage though, so it should pretty much kill anybody you hit with it in a single shot. The splash damage is pretty weak though, maybe that's your problem.
I'm just saying, but typically antipersonnel weapons include fragmentation, i.e. splash damage.

Paul1290 wrote:I think there has to be more ways to kill the triangular flying bot things (no idea what you call them) as they make the mission to get rid of Shadowcode a nightmare for stealth players who rely on pistols and demolitions as their primary weapon skills.
There is the EMP Pistol. Effectively, these annoyances are the only reason I carry it around with me.

I'm sorry, but I have to make this suggestion: the Sandbags need much more range and higher knockout probability. After a certain range, it seems, the bags no longer have any effect, even with a perfect headshot.

And I have to make this suggestion too: I want a ranged stun gun, like today's X26 tasers. Perhaps you could add a ranged mode to the stun prod, so that you could take someone down from across the room without having to shoot to kill. Ohhh, maybe a lightning gun...

Shouldn't the flare darts possibly turn people into running, screaming fireballs?

Adhesive grenades sound nice to me. You know, throw one, have it stick to someones face, and watch them scream in horror.

An anti-material sniper rifle that can kill through walls and has either a thermal or sonar or whatever allows you to see through walls scope attachment sounds good too.
Last edited by Agent_Kyramud on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.