In the basement that doesn't exist...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

In the basement that doesn't exist...

Post by Arnaud G. Vasquez »

...is Slicer supposed to be hostile when I find him? I assume I should be able to break him out and get him back to PDX, but he started as a foe and won't let up. Browsed through flags and convos but couldn't get him to turn friendly - is there a "set slicer xxx true/false" for that? Otherwise I am at a loss. I *suppose* I could summon a new one, possibly go from there...

Also, this is purely to save me a large amount of time just in case: will carrying Thomas Barnes or the unconscious bum out of the level and onto the Corporate District streets yield the reward of seeing them later in the game, conscious and walking around?
I'm pretty confident in everything from the neck up.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: In the basement that doesn't exist...

Post by JC_Helios »

Slicer: Supposed to be friendly, and asks you to deactivate the blue lasers. After you do he will invoke conversation with you and thank you for saving him, he will also ask for a specific melee weapon... I don't think giving/not giving it make a difference though.

In 1.02 they say they will be adding a console command/cheat which will reset some NPC's alliances.

Not likely... I knocked DDL out and carried him all the way back to the test subject cells. Nothing happened :(
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

I figured conversations with him had something to do with the blue lasers, based on the potential convos I could invoke via the Legend menu...

All right, I'll try to whip up a workaround. However, I might try dragging TB & the bum out of the cold blue labs anyway, even if nothing *really* happens as an end result. Call it an unquenchable excess of conscience. ^^;;
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Arnaud G. Vasquez wrote:Also, this is purely to save me a large amount of time just in case: will carrying Thomas Barnes or the unconscious bum out of the level and onto the Corporate District streets yield the reward of seeing them later in the game, conscious and walking around?
Not that I am aware of, but it does make you feel as though you are a decent human being.
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

^- Actually it made me feel horrible when this happened:

Before taking the elevator up: This. Nothing strange so far.
After taking the elevator up: This. o_O Uhhh...
After opening the elevator doors: This. =( Elevator doors are 227% more lethal than before.

Better to have left him in the basement (hoping he eventually wakes up) than to have inadvertently killed him in corporate hell.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Arnaud G. Vasquez wrote:^- Actually it made me feel horrible when this happened:

Better to have left him in the basement (hoping he eventually wakes up) than to have inadvertently killed him in corporate hell.
That is due to a known bug which I thought had been fixed. Anyway, what I meant was it makes you feel as though you are a decent human being when you get them safely out. I tend to drop them in the subway station, there are some nice benches there.
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

Yeah, I understood what you were saying (and agree with it). Even if TNM proper doesn't "reward" me for saving the bum and the security guard, I am inclined to rescue them anyway out of decency. If that bug could get stomped out for good, I'd haul arse back to the basement and bring out Mr. Barnes as well. As it stands now, I'm not sure if such a life-altering physiological disfigurement would do either the ex-WC employee or the homeless dude any good. I suppose they *could* form a "discarded data" haven, a la .hack (only without the constant AI disruptions).