Where do I go?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Scotch
NSF

Where do I go?

Post by Scotch »

I am in the final level and have just defeated Kyrie and talked with that faggot computer. I don't know what to do now, I try going into the vents nearby but I eventually can't continue since I don't have enough room to jump into a vent that's high enough that I can't simply crawl through.

Now, I have a quick rant:

Does anyone think that it's beyond idiotic to put that damn narcissus computer in? Seriously, he completely killed the damn atmosphere by pretty much reminding me that it is a game. I don't want to be reminded! I love the world TNM created but now thanks to NC's buzzkill speech I now care a whole lot less about what happens in the end.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Where do I go?

Post by JC_Helios »

Use the Computer behind Narcissus yet?

And.... nope. If they got rid of Narcissus it'd be almost as if changing the entire setting of the mod.. It's supposed to be meta, quirky, self referential here-and-there. Not to mention he has his own "death scene", myriad of PMs, and ending.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You can get through those vents, it's just a little finicky. Just crouch and uh... jump a bit until you get it.

Alternatively if you have the Speed Enhancement aug you can just jump down from the AI interface room.

As for Narcissus, he's actually based on a concept from another mod, so in a way it's not meta at all, it's perfectly inside the fiction ;)

At least if you choose to see it that way. It's up to you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

Okay thanks a ton for your replies. Although I don't see any messages when I hack the computer system behind Narcissus...
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

oh, and what is the mod that narcissus based off of?
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Hmm, what is your current goal(s)?

The Cassandra project.

Some background: *SPOILERS for TCP*

At the end of the first part of the mod(As far as the project ever got) Charolette(right name?) would rest. This is where the mod ended, Narcissus contacts her as a "dream" and basically says there's more to the world than she thinks, and there's more to come... ors omething, it's been a while.

A while back I came across a topic one their forums where they spoiled what would have happened in their mod. Most of it was the usually UNATCO thing: The people you are working for are really part of a larger organization, and they are really just another part of the people causing chaos and shit. There was also mention of Narcissus and how there would be a possibility for Charolette to realise she was in a game and try to escape at the end.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Scotch wrote: I don't see any messages when I hack the computer system behind Narcissus...
You got the wrong computer. It's the one farther back and waaaay below. Go on to the platform with the UC(?) and look down. BTW you don't need to log in or hack that one. Selecting it should automatically give you a puzzle similar to the one where you freed ShadowCode.
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

Cool, I really do appreciate the help! I now feel like those dumb board members in-game... always asking stupid questions #-o