A few questions about the World Corp Basement

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

RLS
Thug

A few questions about the World Corp Basement

Post by RLS »

I am playing through the game a second name with the 1.0.1 version and trying to do more of the side missions. I just completed the basement under World Corp. I got in by going down the vent from the parking garage, then down a couple of more times and end up in the large room with the bots. Before I realized the hidden exit from the room was actually open I was trying to use the eye-scan and felt I should be able to pick up the dead mechanic (from the gas barrel room) and stuff his head into the scanner. But I could not pick the guy up, even after picking up all his stuff. Normally you can pick up bodies and move them around. What did I miss there?

Also after freeing the prisoner, he does not seem to say anything, just runs around. All the bodies here seem to fill in the comments you have learned from the DD vid about his sending in spies to WC that did not return, but you don't seem to get any reward or info from the one guy who is alive. Did I miss something? Was I suppose to go into his cell?

After reading the login and password on the cart (and after a couple of false starts with That Guy), I just slipped up behind him as he stands in front of the computer and hacked it. I never seem to have any interaction with him. Is he suppose to do anything other than sound the alarm when he see you?

You have certainly fixed most of the crashes on this release, playing this time is much more fun.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: A few questions about the World Corp Basement

Post by Hassat Hunter »

It's a bug. You should report it for 1.0.2.

That's Slicer. He's supposed to start a conversation with you once you frob him. Did you accidentely made him hostile? (red IIF)

No.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The secret door being open has already been fixed. The body being unpickupable is probably just some stupid DX thing, not a big deal.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I reported a bug with slicer being hostile when I freed him from his cell before 1.0.1 but I don't think it was noticed.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Slicer doesn't deserve to be rescued, he doesn't even give you a reward. All he does is garnish you with praise in some newspaper :).
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

How do you rescue Slicer? I can't even get him to leave the cell. Talk to him and he says I'll slip out on my own.

A couple of more things I noticed:
  • I got the same thing as JetsetLemming once, Slicer was red on my IFF. Commotion in the office area (which is directly above his cell) when I was taking out the MIB must have caused it. I heard Slicer muttering through the wall about hearing suspicious noises and my being a ninja wannabe.
  • Once Slicer trips the blue beams in the cell, the gas keeps coming out even if you disable the beams.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jetsetlemming wrote:I reported a bug with slicer being hostile when I freed him from his cell before 1.0.1 but I don't think it was noticed.
Everything is noticed.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
RLS
Thug

Post by RLS »

I went back to save just before I went into the jail area and played it again. Slicer was "red" when I opened the cell door. I had already taken out the MIB upstairs with a lam, so maybe, as was mentioned above, that turns him. I do think that it would be cool to be able to open a retinal scan protected area with a body (as they all seem to have their eyes open).
CommanderCain
Thug

Post by CommanderCain »

I don't think in any point in DX could you use and dead or unconscious body,
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

DX? THIS, IS The NAAMELESSSSSS MODD!

You use bodies in TNM about 3 times as far as I've seen.

Also you could always summon Slicer and talk to that one. 1.0.1 did some stuff with Slicer's ai so that he would be less likely to go hostile, but I guess it didn't take for everyone.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Basically with Slicer's current AI settings, the only thing that could set him off would be direct damage - that is literally the only thing he's set up to react to. But there are many ways in which Deus Ex's AI can mess up, it's funny like that.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

I'm having the same problem, slicer is hostile. I haven't dealt with him or the prison ward area before, so it must be some kind of bug.

Is there a command that would change him back to friendly?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There will be in version 1.0.2, until then, you're limited to either ignoring him or killing him I guess.

Or you could hide out of sight for a few minutes and see if he calms down.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

Jonas wrote:Or you could hide out of sight for a few minutes and see if he calms down.
Heh, the bastard sees me even when I use the cloak aug, he immediately turns on his augs and then starts running around aimlessly. The silly thing is that even if he just hears me coming he starts running around his cell in panic and sets on the gas. I think I'll just leave him there to rot...
Fletchreborn
Mole Person

Post by Fletchreborn »

sorry if this one has allready been solved, I tried searching for the problem but nothing came up
none of the doors in the WC Basement will open or move at all, but do popup when hovered over
they will however explode, but i cant be bothered summoning more LAMS or having to ghost through each door :(