I can't do that? But i've seen it done in movies!

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

deuxhero
UNATCO

I can't do that? But i've seen it done in movies!

Post by deuxhero »

On the GameSpy space station there is an elevator that you can't acesses because you lack a valid hand print.

I koed an Alien and took him to it, thinking that The Nameless Mod guys are the kind that would expect me to do that. When I got there, holding the alien (koed, not dead), I still couldn't use it.

Think useing that as an alternate to lowering the gravity could be added in a patch?
Scotch
NSF

Re: I can't do that? But i've seen it done in movies!

Post by Scotch »

Yeah, I felt the same way when I couldn't use dead people for a retinal scanner in WorldCorp.

that would be DAMN cool if it was added in
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

Well I would expect you would have some issues with getting them to open their eyes.
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

Just lift their eyelids up! Hell, you could do it in the original system shock. Whatev, this game already has everything and a half. i'm not to embittered :)
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I always just stack stuff under the dock's control room, and jump up through the false floors.... having the gravity off made getting through that small doorway annoying as hell. (if you chose Ryan's ending)

Retinal: Wouldn't you also have to make sure that their dead eyes are staring right at the scanner? I don't know much about dead bodies, but isn't there a chance that the eyes would roll to the back of their head, or be a bit off center. You'd also think that with DX technology they'd have some sort of "deadness" sensor. Like the Alien palm print would need a heat signature as well, or the scanner would read the blood vessels to see that everything is still pumping....
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

That would make the game too easy. The New Server Complex mission is a cakewalk if you could just KO an unassuming worker to bypass the hand print scanner. Getting your hand print recognized by the security system, first by talking to Jim then by logging on to the Laptop in Server Room C, is a big part of that mission. Also, if you kill Kylie on WC/Day 2 you should be able to enter the 2F and 3F labs. How are you going to explain the retinal scanner not working?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I'm pretty sure than relatively soon after death the retina starts changing shape (what with being packed with clotting blood and stuff), so using a corpse to get through a retinal scanner would need to be done fast.

Probably. It's not, after all, like I've actually tried. :P
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

You had to do the retinal scanner trick at one point in MGS2, and a dead enemy didn't work, only a stunned one. :P
Placebo
MJ12

Post by Placebo »

RE4 needed a False Eye :)
ImageEvery morning, I meditate about love and peace... I stop after three seconds.