You have two characters named Fargo

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

deuxhero
UNATCO

You have two characters named Fargo

Post by deuxhero »

One is mentioned in the DXI command line puzzle (you also get his password Fargo/Fargo).
The other is coweredly alien on Gamespy.

Given the rest of the mod, I am assumeing Fargo isn't a random name, but a community member.
odawali
UNATCO

Re: You have two characters named Fargo

Post by odawali »

That fargo account belonged to the alien you meet on the station. He was apparently working as some kind of liaison during the planetization process.
E-mail on fargo account / DXI computer wrote: From:Delsyn To: Fargo
Subj: Schedule
When are you coming back from your work on that new Planet? [PDX] I need your help with something up here [Space Station], and Silverdawn [another GameSpy alien] won't give me a straight answer, yes.

Delsyn
Medical Officer
Last edited by odawali on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Ummm.... I'm pretty sure SilverDawn, and fragmaster are also mentioned in that computer. It's called foreshadowing :P.

The emails on the DXI thread control computer is likely remnants of the Gamespy people accessing the DXI database and trying to transfer things over. So.... yeah, it's the same Fargo.

Is it just me though, or were there two Spot(s)? One who's talking with Syme, and justanotherfan; and another who is the Janitor that cleaned up the Noobz graffiti.
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

odawali wrote:That fargo account belonged to the alien you meet on the station. He was apparently working as some kind of liaison during the planetization process.
E-mail on fargo account / DXI computer wrote: From:Delsyn To: Fargo
Subj: Schedule
When are you coming back from your work on that new Planet? [PDX] I need your help with something up here [Space Station], and Silverdawn [another GameSpy alien] won't give me a straight answer, yes.

Delsyn
Medical Officer
Missed that email, thanks
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:Is it just me though, or were there two Spot(s)? One who's talking with Syme, and justanotherfan; and another who is the Janitor that cleaned up the Noobz graffiti.
Uh... oops. I'll fix that for 1.0.2. Who will I use in the Partyzone instead of Spot? IT IS A MYSTERY :D
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

ITS COMPETITION TIME

also fargo is a real gamespy editor. If you visit the site you can probably find articles that hes written. Fragmaster was another editor though I dont think he writes for them anymore. You might know him better from somethingawful or as bill fillmaff.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

that guy wrote:ITS COMPETITION TIME
No it's time for me to unilaterally reward a random person whom I think deserves a mention in TNM!

What is this, a democracy? ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dr.Who
Thug

Post by Dr.Who »

Jonas wrote:
that guy wrote:ITS COMPETITION TIME
No it's time for me to unilaterally reward a random person whom I think deserves a mention in TNM!

What is this, a democracy? ;)
*mutters quietly to himself about Senate floors from Spartacus and first to notice it*.... what?