I need items! (Help needed)

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

RadicalMonkey
Mole Person

I need items! (Help needed)

Post by RadicalMonkey »

Hi guys! First of all, Great game! This has to be one of the best SP mods I have ever played. I've been watching these forums since last year, yet I never decided to register.

Right now I have a problem...

So I was going to use that spy device at WorldCorp, but unfortunately, I ran out of multitools. I tried to find some and I actually did found one on the sewers (that is actually pretty desperate :D ). Yet I used it and now I don't have any ways to open locked doors.

Have I missed something important. Something REALLY important?

It's been a while since I played Deus Ex and can't actually remember all the things.

Some of the missions have been confusing. I actually thought that the corporates are (WorldCorp etc.) are located in the same area as you start the game. It turned out that I was really wrong. Also, some places are really hard to find. DJ asked me to go to basement. Yet I don't know where it is.

If you forget these problems, so far this mod has been totally awesome!
There are many incredible places to explore and conversations to hear.

Great job TNM team!

=D>
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: I need items! (Help needed)

Post by JC_Helios »

What difficulty are you playing on? (Specifically, item difficulty, if playing on custom.) Most doors in WC can be easily bypassed by vents, proper clearance, keys, or explosives.(As I recall, only 2 doors require you to use Multitools to get past them, and neither of them are necessary.) On the 1st floor of WC there's a security terminal. The login can be gotten from somewhere around here, and Evil gives you the password. After hacking that computer you really shouldn't need to use multi tools there much at all. If you really need some you can buy them at Raving's from the weapon machine.

Ummm:
Downtown/Central.
Corporate.... I forget if it has another name.
Slums/West Residence.

Really not too confusing, especially if you talk to the guy that is right in your way when you exit the train.

Basement: right next to where you entered.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I also had problems with finding the basement.

sometimes items can be hidden in cardboard boxes for example, in the basement of phas's apartment building there are two cardbord boxes each containing a lockpick
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

To my knowledge the only time you need to use a multitool is to restore power to the subway in the slums to get rid of fender2k.
If that's true, does it mean TNM is impossible to complete with no items? Actually I guess it must be since you need to pick up the firestaff in both storylines.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You also have to use the spyware device in WorldCorp and a multitool to activate it. But the rules of no-item playthroughs are defined by yourself, and I see no reason why you wouldn't exempt the use of items where the game demands it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Well I had a go, and made a few videos, but got stuck very early on in both storylines, so I gave up. In WC there's the spyware device you mentioned, and in the PDX one I found it too hard to kill TRM to get his key. Alginon could probably do it but he said he's got no time these days.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Why kill TRM inthe PDX storyline? Just make peace.

Also; you don't actually have to pick up the firestaff to proceed (but not sure it won't cause problems if you do).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Hassat Hunter wrote:Why kill TRM inthe PDX storyline? Just make peace.
Oops I got the WC / PDX stories the wrong way around in my previous post.
Hassat Hunter wrote:Also; you don't actually have to pick up the firestaff to proceed (but not sure it won't cause problems if you do).
Is that actually true? I don't see how KK or Scara could know where DD is if you don't bring it back to them.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Still, TRM got a LAM. Get him to blow himself up :D (may be difficult without catching fire).

1.0.1's bugthread already mentions the PDX storyline progressing fine, probably the case for WC too (still, I wasn't certain so picked it so I don't have to replay a lot if proven otherwise, and now it's undroppable :()
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Well I guess you could blow TRM up with his lam, cos in TNM gibbed NPCs drop their stuff. But the next problem is getting the login/password for the computer, and that's in a locked drawer downstairs. I guess you could lure TRM downstairs, and make him throw a lam at you to blow up both him and the drawer.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The issue with not having to pick up the firestaff has been fixed for patch 1.0.2.

As for why you'd kill TRM in the PDX storyline: To save time, because you're playing as a murderous psychopath, because you don't like DXO, or because you want to get the alternate PDX ending.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yeah, but when you pick a no-items playthrough, it's probably a lot easier just to take your time and not kill them all off.

However, aside from no-items AgentSmithereens also seems to have a no-hacking rule, and probably other goals making it even more insanely hard 0_o.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Yeah the true approach to no items is no items (obviously), no augs (the light aug specifically since aug canisters count as items), no skills, and (where possible) no money.
I'm not sure if the fists count as an item since they're part of your body, but I think it would be more impressive to only use them when you really need them, like money.