Fire exhauster VS pepper gun

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

flop_gorkum
Mole Person

Fire exhauster VS pepper gun

Post by flop_gorkum »

I don't know if anyone here played the game non-lethal. Well I tried but sometimes it was impossible (can you knock the vampire unconscious? I tried it for a long time) anyways.. When I went to ravings the first time I bought a pepper gun (could probably find it somewhere, but meeeh 300 credits or something?). I also found a couple of fire exhausters there which are tuned up a bit. You can use them 4 times (shoot something like 25 ammo) or 5 (if you're lucky). Ow well I picked them up for fire protection. When I was in a situation where I could really use gas and I didn't had any grenades I tried using the pepper gun. Don't know if you changed anything about the weapon but boy did I die hard. so I quickloaded tried again, died again, try again, die again. (did it like 10 times?). So finaly I got fed up with the pepper gun, where are those lams I thought. Didn't had any (luckily since I was playing non-lethal) but I spotted the fire exhauster and I thought hmm let's try that thing. And amazingly it worked.

So my question is, did you guys intentionally made the fire exhauster a better "gas gun" then the pepper gun?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Fire exhauster VS pepper gun

Post by Jonas »

The pepper gun remains unchanged from Deus Ex. It can be tricky to use because the gas actually goes farther away from you than you might think, so you need to be at a decent distance from the enemy for it to work.

I don't remember if Nosferatu is knockoutable, but he probably is. Have you tried prodding him?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

flop_gorkum wrote:I don't know if anyone here played the game non-lethal. Well I tried but sometimes it was impossible (can you knock the vampire unconscious?
Yes. It is not easy.

As for the pepper gun, one of the things a lot of people forget about the pepper gun is that it totally fails to work at close range. Walk right up to someone an use it and you fail, because it isn't that kind of gun. You need some distance between you and the target. That could be the reason you had troubles when using it. Failing that I'm not sure what your problem would be.

[Added:] Jonas remains faster than me.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

To be fair though, your description is superior.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

You can knock the vampire out, I have done it, it requires a lot of work though. Little disturbing that you can pulls his teath out while he is still alive.
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

Pepper gun owns. Pepper Gun + Flame Blade = unstoppable killing

Although fire extinguisher DOES put out fires....
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Scotch wrote:Pepper gun owns. Pepper Gun + Flame Blade = unstoppable killing

Although fire extinguisher DOES put out fires....
Plus there's a certain irony is using a fire extinguisher and a FIRE BLADE as weapons.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

What? Not easy? You're joking, right?

I shot him in the head with a rice bag.
flop_gorkum
Mole Person

Post by flop_gorkum »

Trafalgar wrote:What? Not easy? You're joking, right?

I shot him in the head with a rice bag.
Hmm I played it on the hardest mode with most npc health. what kind of augs does he have? I used my entire riot prod on him and used my stun gloves on him for a long while..

Guess I am still a pepper gun noob :( but am I the only one who finaly just tossed it away and traded it for the fire exhauster? It had a longer range and it works at close range aswell + you find plenty around
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

flop_gorkum wrote:Hmm I played it on the hardest mode with most npc health. what kind of augs does he have?
Rice bags are always instant knockouts if you hit in the head, independent of health, and there are no augs that protect against rice bags.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I love fire extinguishers. I got rid of Athena without cheats (i impressed myself) with only a fire extinguisher, dts, running aug, and regen that i didn't technically need.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Onikitsune
Mole Person

Post by Onikitsune »

I love Athena. She is invincible, but after you snipe her twice, she's like "OH NOES!" and runs around, letting you turn off the valves and kill her at your leisure. Sorta funny. XD