Scara subway offer in the beginning?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

MICROSHAFT
Thug

Scara subway offer in the beginning?

Post by MICROSHAFT »

I've had Scara offer a way to get a free subway pass in the beginning of the game, but now I'm on another new game and I can't trigger this PM from him no matter what I do. What do I need to do to hear it from him?

Thanks
odawali
UNATCO

Re: Scara subway offer in the beginning?

Post by odawali »

Keep earning money after reaching the required 1000.
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

Post by Arnaud G. Vasquez »

I've yet to play through this decision yet, but I'd like to know this now in order to pass it along to m'brother (who is considering it at present):

Will KOing Alpha to get NVShacker's disk cause trouble in Day 2 if Trestkon sides with PDX, thus leading to Sol's bombing? By this, I mean will Trestkon still be on good enough terms with Alpha to gain his trust, track down the culprits, and so on. Alternately, if Alpha ends up dead instead of unconscious, will the ability to "resolve" the bombing - kill the thugs responsible, etc. - still lead to skill points and a closed case? Or will it remain forever cacked-up?
I'm pretty confident in everything from the neck up.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

It's: 1500creds

Bombing: You'd think knocking some one out might have unforeseen consequences on where they are later, yes.

The hacked metro pass is best done with WC for several reasons.

1: Scara doesn't bomb Sol's

2: Supposedly AO gets pissed at you for joining WC, and my guess is that this prevents you from playing the quotes game. (which would normally more than make up the cost of the metro pass)

3: For role playing reasons I guess, doing what WC wants you to do even early on.
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

I always triggered the Scara subway pass infolink after I did Abom's task. maybe I did reach 1500 + credits all 3 times at that moment, who knows.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Well it IS the second highest cred gain at that point. I got the PM lot's of times at many different places. After completing the noobZ mission, after completeing the Kunio's mission, after stealing the money from the coffee place's safe, etc. And for all of them my credits had just surpassed 1500
flop_gorkum
Mole Person

Post by flop_gorkum »

I sometimes get the offer right when I leave the appartment building.

ow and You can knock out that candybar seller and loot 100 credits of his body
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's possible to get 1000 credits in Downtown without doing any of the four sub missions :)

Also to clear it up, the main subway mission requires that you own 1000 credits, getting Scara's PM happens when you've earned 1500 credits. Meaning if you get 900 credits and then blow 600 credits on stuff from Whoever (who knows, you might really like Nuke), then earn 600 credits again, you'll get Scara's PM before you get Phasmatis's.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine