Where in the world In Deus Diablo's Flame blade?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Scotch
NSF

Where in the world In Deus Diablo's Flame blade?

Post by Scotch »

Where do I find this damn weapon? I've found every other weapon in the game (except the daikatana...), but this incredible blade has eluded my grasp for quite some time. Oh and the slicer blade too. I don't know how to get that.

Another question (Yes, another forum-famous Scotch(TM) question!): why is digital ronan's blade such crap compared to the DTS? I mean, it costs nearly 3 times as much and does about a third of the damage. Sure it's cool, but it's underpowered.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Re: Where in the world In Deus Diablo's Flame blade?

Post by Thehotdogman »

The flameblade is unlocked after your first play thorugh on day two. You've gotta talk to someone, and he offers it to you.

Talk to Raving on day two, and he'll offer DD's blade to you. Not too sure about slicer's blade. Does he even have a special weapon to offer? I know he still owes me a knife though.

As far as Ronin's sword goes, it has something to do with the way the two blades do damage. Ronin's weapon does like 30 in one strike whereas the dts does liek 20 or 100 with five smaller simultaneous strikes or some such. Someone else will have to correct/clarify this, cause i'm a bit confused too. In any case, Ronin's sword can break stuff open that the dts can't because it uses a heavier strike as it were. So, using Ronin's weapon with combat strength can really do some damage to those pesky door strengths. Plus it kills space so you don't have to pick up those blasted normal weapons all the time.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

Oh sh*t I killed him since he sent goons to kill me. I didn't even steal from his store, I only explored the vents and hacked the security system!

Srew it for this playthrough I'll just phasrox it. :/
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

To get Slicer's weapon ... take it from Slicer.

Really is quite simple. He is, as far as I know, disarmed when captured, and armed every other time you meet him.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

But what if you're with PDX. I mean, i don't wanna hurt the guy.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

What if you're with WC, You don't wanna hurt Kylie/ZP... okay maybe you do :P, but the point still stands.

Last I checked Slicers sword sucked anyhow... like only 15 damage.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Or if you want DD's firesword you can just kill him when you find him, although at this stage you won't get much use out of it.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Thehotdogman wrote: As far as Ronin's sword goes, it has something to do with the way the two blades do damage. Ronin's weapon does like 30 in one strike whereas the dts does liek 20 or 100 with five smaller simultaneous strikes or some such.
Correct: the DTS is AOE_Cone, so 5 traces of 20 damage. Digironin's is AOE_point, so one trace of 30 damage.

Given that you need to get over 50 damage in a single hit to kill a camera or turret or alarm unit, and the max multiplier with augcombat and master lowtech skill is *3 (*3.4 if you have max targeting aug too), digironin's katana lets you start breaking stuff a lot earlier. But you're still mostly paying for "looks".

Alternatively you can just steal it. And kill yardie.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Certain things in TNM are the way they are because it makes sense, regardless of game balance. Ronin's katana costs a fortune because of its history, not its utility.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I've never paid a cent for it. Though, in my current run i don't have easy access to a DTS (don't feel like buying it feels kinda anticlimactic) so i'm gonna have to get used to ronin's katana.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Not to mention the TNM DTS has that annoying, ear grating noise whenever it hits something.