ABI Tunnel Approach 1.0.1 LockUps

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

RLS
Thug

ABI Tunnel Approach 1.0.1 LockUps

Post by RLS »

I am trying the tunnel approach to ABI but get lots of random lockups both during the fight up the tunnel and also when I reach the top and start a sniper spree from just outside the guardhouse. The game just freezes. Ctrl Alt Del takes forever to finally "take", I usually can't wait the endless minutes and just reboot. I did get the following error which may be of help for at least one of the causes. I wrote it down so may not have the text exactly correct. This happened when I was "in", next to the guard house and sniping at any dogs and guards I could see over by the Admin building.

TNMDoberman23_ABIExterior.TNMDoberman2(Function DeusEX. ScriptedPawn Patrolling.Pick Destination:0001) Runaway Loop detected.....

My technique at the final gate was to shoot under the gate at the patrolling blue/green bot to draw him close to the gate. I then lob a scrambler grenade over the gate and watch the fireworks. The problem with this approach is that the idiot (NVSlacker?) will open the gate before I am ready unless I watch my distance really close. I think rather than trigger the gate opening sequence based on a distance, he should ask if you want the gate opened yet, and you could answer "yes" or "no". Or you could have agreed before hand on some "visual" signal, jump up and down 3 times or something. (Of course, a more realistic scenario, would let the guards open the gate when they spot you, rather than run around inside screaming orders, but hey.... its just a game.)

Trafalgar
NSF

Re: ABI Tunnel Approach 1.0.1 LockUps

Post by Trafalgar »

Yeah, the doberman doggies like to cause lockups. You can use a debug command to instakill them all to prevent it: Open up the debug console (` is usually the key for it) and type killall TNMDoberman
Then press esc to close the debug console.

That should wipe them all out and prevent them from causing the freezes. Hopefully that should work from outside the gate (I don't know why it wouldn't, unless there's some kind of range restriction; I don't know anything about DX's internals, but I'm guessing it instakills anyone of that type on the map).

When 1.0.2 comes around, this shouldn't be a problem anymore, the devs have figured out how to fix it. :)