endings

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

not_someguy
Mole Person

endings

Post by not_someguy »

so how many endings are there and when do they start?

1. join pdx
2. join worldcorp
3. join ryan?
4. more?

this is my first playthrough and I've joined pdx.
I've just met ryan near the submarine and am wondering if he provides an alternate ending so I can hard save and do that ending without having to beat the game over again.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: endings

Post by chris the cynic »

I think there are two versions of the PDX ending, two versions of the WC ending, one version of the Ryan Ending, and of course the Narcissus ending. That would be six.
Scotch
NSF

Post by Scotch »

It all depends on what you consider "endings". If you consider endings to be anything that changes denoument protocols, then there could be hundreds of endings. Otherwise, I believe there are 4 basic ones: PDX ending, WC ending, Ryan ending, and Narcissus ending.
not_someguy
Mole Person

Post by not_someguy »

well an ending is usually a point in the game where you stop being able to play anymore.

kind of like when you kill the worldcorp boss guy (which I forgot to mention in original post) and are given the 'bad' ending which I'm not sure if this is 1 of the 2 worldcorp endings chris was talking about
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

not_someguy wrote:well an ending is usually a point in the game where you stop being able to play anymore.
I think the point these fine gentlemen are making is that it depends how you define an ending as "different" from other endings. By the strictest definition of the word, we have 4 endings. I would personally say we have 8 endings, however, because I count major variations (4 different WC endings, 2 different PDX endings) seperately. If you take even small variations into count, we have something more like 10. If you count every possible combination of the denouement sequence, we have hundreds, but I wouldn't do that - only somebody like Bethesda's marketing department would be daft enough to do something like that.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

4 different WC endings? That's probably talking about Kylie, no?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Exactly.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking