Goat Temple Secret...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Goat Temple Secret...

Post by bobby 55 »

Well I'm going with something like a movie poster, or Deus Ex game case, or some sort of reference to either a movie or Deus Ex not yet mentioned in general game play.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

I doubt it would be as simple as that. For a start, it's not 'fucking ridiculously hidden', and secondly something like a DX game case makes sense within the atmosphere of the game, seeing as all the characters are DX fans.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Why wouldn't DX fans hide something DX-ish in a DX like game? :lol:
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

- the meta-events
- any reference to TNM, e.g. the 'TNM released!' article on all the newspapers, the OTP symbol on the keyboards, the TNM OST CD etc
- references to random characters, e.g. Smike/Klystron Project in ABI
- hidden conversations, e.g. 'summon jonas'
Nahh .. To be this hidden, i dont think its any of those things xD
Actually, the OST CD and OTP symbol was quite a good idea though :P

Damn it. I'ma reinstall TNM Later Even though i'm suppose to be studying for exams coming up in a few months :lol:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The more you look for it, the more disappointed you will be when you eventually find it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Well I'm stumped. I searched through the editor, and found lots of little secrets which I'd never seen before, but none of them were particularly impressive.
Either I (or some someone else) have already found the secret, but just not realised it, or it will never be found (at least not for a while, and by accident).

I would like to ask one question - when in the game can you find it? e.g. day 1, 2, onwards etc
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

In the weeks leading up to TNM's one year anniversary we should totally be given clues.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Those who are spending their time looking for this secret, or secrets in general, should collect everything they do find into one place. Some kind of catalog of secrets.

Or something.

Am I making sense?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Great idea Chris, although I have no idea what to name it. The Discovery Channel? lol.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

AgentSmithereens wrote:I just tried to search the maps in the editor, looked through about 10 (up to 20_NSC.dx), but gave up quite quickly. I did however find one 'secret' I'd never found before - in Goat City, there's a rock you can frob which leads to some money and weapon mods on day 1, and some ammo on day 2.
Ooooh... which rock? Don't know this one myself after all (talking about that, gotta add the dead girl on the roof in downtown to the walkthrough too).
It might therefore be a good idea to go to conedit and look for all of Narcissus' conversations?
I already looked at each line of the missionscripts and each conEdit conversation for my 1.0.4+, and it's not there. That's why I suggested searching the maps, that's their only hiding spot! :P
(Although I do wonder where stuff like the "bullseye award" are used for)
AgentSmithereens wrote:Well I'm stumped. I searched through the editor, and found lots of little secrets which I'd never seen before, but none of them were particularly impressive.
Care to share some?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

There's a TNM soundtrack in the DJ booth at the PartyZone, but don't think it's that (or that absurd), for Jonas talking about it as he has...
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

I'm wondering if this might be something that can't be found by just looking through the code or for secret passages in the editor.
Like maybe a message hidden cleverly in the terrain. That can only be seen in-game at a certain angle or something.
I find it hilarious that even with access to the source code and SDK that there is still one secret no one can find yet. :)
Servalan
Thug

Post by Servalan »

Maybe the secret doesn't even exist. Maybe it's an elaborate ruse designed to get us to play the game over and over and over again until we can recite every line of dialogue from all possible affiliations and have killed every character with every means available.

:P :mrgreen:
And I hope, and I dream, and I pray
That sometime we'll find a way
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hm I didn't realise the rock in Goat City hadn't been discovered. Maybe it was two unfound secrets then :P
Hassat Hunter wrote:(Although I do wonder where stuff like the "bullseye award" are used for)
Hah!

I have no idea. What the hell...?

I wonder if I just forgot what it's for, if it was never implemented, or if this is something one of the programmers threw in without telling me.
Jcelios wrote:I find it hilarious that even with access to the source code and SDK that there is still one secret no one can find yet. :)
Well it's a big game, there's lots of virtual real-estate to hide things in ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:Hm I didn't realise the rock in Goat City hadn't been discovered. Maybe it was two unfound secrets then :P
Just ran through Goat City and didn't find a rock, let stand a frobabble one. This calls for drastic measures! *loads up the editor*
EDIT: Mission successful. 30 Skill Points awarded :D.
Hassat Hunter wrote:(Although I do wonder where stuff like the "bullseye award" are used for)
I wonder if I just forgot what it's for, if it was never implemented, or if this is something one of the programmers threw in without telling me.
Well, it's M20 only. I thought it was shooting a bullseye at Raving's, but nothing with my crossbow (then again, if that was it why only mission 20)?
We've got coordinates... only 20 or so maps to cross-reference them with ;P (where it that I knew how to search for coordinates in the editor).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...