Goat Temple Secret...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: Goat Temple Secret...

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
AgentSmithereens wrote:Well I'm stumped. I searched through the editor, and found lots of little secrets which I'd never seen before, but none of them were particularly impressive.
Care to share some?
Well like I said, they're not particularly impressive, and I'm sure you've seen them before; they're mostly just items like lockpicks and multitools hidden away in dark corners of the map. Although one quite big one I missed is in the first Shadowcode map, where there's a crawlspace underground leading to a few goodies, and a spiderbot (next to the medbot hut). Also in the next map, by the area with the hoverbots, if you jump on top of a crate thing, you can jump into some vents and find some armour and stuff.
Jcelios wrote:I'm wondering if this might be something that can't be found by just looking through the code or for secret passages in the editor.
Like maybe a message hidden cleverly in the terrain. That can only be seen in-game at a certain angle or something.
A very good idea; I'm currently going through the textures, looking for anything interesting. So far I've come up with a 'summon Phasmatis' texture, and although this isn't the secret, it's the sort of thing we should be looking for. Also, where in the game is this? I've not seen it before.
Servalan wrote:Maybe the secret doesn't even exist. Maybe it's an elaborate ruse designed to get us to play the game over and over and over again until we can recite every line of dialogue from all possible affiliations and have killed every character with every means available.
This is what I originally thought, but surely the devs couldn't be that cruel.
Jonas wrote:Well it's a big game, there's lots of virtual real-estate to hide things in ;)
Say that again without winking.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well it's a big game, there's lots of virtual real-estate to hide things in.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Jonas wrote:Well it's a big game, there's lots of virtual real-estate to hide things in.
Hmm. I'm onto you.

On another note, where are these textures in the game?

http://i49.tinypic.com/jai2p5.jpg
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Hahaa That Simpsons one is Cool :smile:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

#1 probably didn't make it in, but see if it's somewhere around Smike's container in ABI. I had plans for that, but I don't think they ever panned out. #2 is a portrait of Ghand from the articles, so if it was used, it'll be in Ghand's office. Again though, it's probably one of those things we neglected to implement. The third one is in the Slums subway station.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

AgentSmithereens wrote:Although one quite big one I missed is in the first Shadowcode map, where there's a crawlspace underground leading to a few goodies, and a spiderbot (next to the medbot hut).
How can I miss that, but find the gas mask up there lying in an impossible place. :ashamed:
Also in the next map, by the area with the hoverbots, if you jump on top of a crate thing, you can jump into some vents and find some armour and stuff.
Don't really recall hoverbots on map2. Are you confusing it with the third map? In that case I *probably know the location you talk about* (or not...).
EDIT: Guess not... But it was map 3, not 2. Question though; how the hell do you get there? Lvl 4 speed aug doesn't get you high enough, and there ain't no crate anywhere to get to there, unless you have micro-muscles.
Jcelios wrote:I'm wondering if this might be something that can't be found by just looking through the code or for secret passages in the editor.
Like maybe a message hidden cleverly in the terrain. That can only be seen in-game at a certain angle or something.
A very good idea; I'm currently going through the textures, looking for anything interesting. So far I've come up with a 'summon Phasmatis' texture, and although this isn't the secret, it's the sort of thing we should be looking for. Also, where in the game is this? I've not seen it before.[/quote]
I suppose it should be somewhere in DXI. I heard someone mention it, but never saw it myself. Did saw Summon Jonas though.
Did you find "Jonas Sux" in ABI exterior and HTTP Gamespy 3 (level 4)?
Last edited by Hassat Hunter on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I know that vent, it's just before the fifth terminal in the OSC (Shadowcode quest), summon Phasmatis was supposedly near summon Jonas, but I've never seen it either.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Hassat Hunter wrote:Don't really recall hoverbots on map2. Are you confusing it with the third map? In that case I *probably know the location you talk about* (or not...).
EDIT: Guess not... But it was map 3, not 2. Question though; how the hell do you get there? Lvl 4 speed aug doesn't get you high enough, and there ain't no crate anywhere to get to there, unless you have micro-muscles.
I agree; it's very difficult, but completely possible. I used the muscle aug to grab a barrel from the hoverbot area, then went up the lift. Unfortunately you can't jump whilst holding something that heavy, so instead I devised this geniuas technique: Place the barrel a few feet in front of the edge of the wall. Then face in front of the barrel, so the crate stack is 90 degrees to your right. Then jump whilst strafing right, and once you're in the air, frob the barrel to pick it up, and (hopefully) land on the crate stack. Then you can jump on the barrel, open the grate and jump inside.
And not even a skill-point bonus <_<

Hassat Hunter wrote:Did you find "Jonas Sux" in ABI exterior and HTTP Gamespy 3 (level 4)?
No I did not; where is this? I think I know the texture you mean (is it some sort of graffiti?)

And I found the summon phasmatis bit.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I havent found 'Jonas Sux' Or 'Summon Phasmatis' Yet tbh.. :/
Everytime i'm in DXI or ABI I seem to forget about the secrets :P

And Am I the only one who thinks that the image posted is just a blank wall? :-s
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

For some reason, imageshack makes your images smaller, but on the wall it does say 'summon phasmatis' right next to my reticle/cursur thing.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Haha Yes I looked at it again And saw it :lol:
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

JONAS SUX!
Attachments
Shot0191.jpg
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I'ma have to keep an eye out for that Next time i play :mrgreen:
Maybe leave TNM and Deus Ex for the next .. 12 Weeks ..
Stupid Exams..
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Hassat Hunter wrote:JONAS SUX!
Nice, where abouts on the space station?
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

chris the cynic wrote:Those who are spending their time looking for this secret, or secrets in general, should collect everything they do find into one place. Some kind of catalog of secrets.

Or something.

Am I making sense?
Yep.
Sounds like the perfect job for the wiki also.
'Course the obvious question arises what is considered a "secret"?