WC Secret Basement codes

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

SilverKnight
Thug

WC Secret Basement codes

Post by SilverKnight »

I've heard the passcode to the WC basement, through the locked elevator keypad is 'in the wc building somewhere'. I could swear i've checked everywhere, just by breaking in while everyone is friendly on day one. I'm not short on resources, so I don't mind going through the sewers or compromising the elevator security....I'm just wondering where the keypad email/datacube/infolink pic is actually obtained(and whether there's a key to the elevator box to go with it). Wiki doesn't help, it just gives the code, and using the code without finding it legitimately first feels lame. Anyone help a Brover out?
robocop
Thug

Re: WC Secret Basement codes

Post by robocop »

AFAIK, you can't enter the basement until your mission dictates that you should, but don't quote me on that. If no one can answer more definitively than that, here's my advice:

The first thing to do is to run around searching all the rooms again on all 4 floors, if you haven't already done so. Chances are, if it's there and you've missed it, it's because you have a mental block about searching somewhere. Many times in games like Deus Ex, I'll get frustrated after searching for half an hour for something, and it turns out I found the right door very early on but was feeling too cheap to pick it open, and I later found the key for it, but I forgot I had the key by the time I returned to the door! I had a mental block about going through the door because I thought 'I have already checked this door'.

Also make sure you don't slip into habits while searching, since searching the same exact places over and over will never unearth anything new. And don't forget to hack every computer and check every email, you never know where you might find clues.

Second thing to do (if the first thing fails) would be to cheat by ghosting everywhere, to ensure that you've found all hidden rooms. Don't do this lightly though, I spoiled an Easter Egg for myself by ghosting from one part of a map to another, simply because I was impatient. (If you haven't found a certain large secret room with an Easter Egg on one of the floors of the WC building, then don't go ghosting around! Look for it properly!)

Third thing to do is to decide: to Meta or not to Meta? That is the question...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

robocop wrote:AFAIK, you can't enter the basement until your mission dictates that you should, but don't quote me on that.
Nah you can enter the basement any time you like, but you're only given the code at one very specific point late in the WorldCorp storyline, so if you want to enter it at any other point (even if you have the mission from Evil Invasion), you need to hack and pick. There's another way in, and I believe it's cheaper, but it's complicated.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

*cough* LAW *Cough*
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
SilverKnight
Thug

Post by SilverKnight »

Jonas wrote: -snip-
Awesome.Yeah, I already found the sewer entrance. Plus, it has loot. Its an easy to get the pumpgun, and some skillpoint early. Taking the elevator is just a lot more convenient, but I really didn't want to metagame too much. Thanks again