Leviathan as a WC player?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Dark Reality
UNATCO

Leviathan as a WC player?

Post by Dark Reality »

When you get to Leviathan at ABI, what exactly are you supposed to do?

The most likely answer is to activate Leviathan, but when you do it turns on the WC guys as well as the ABI guys. Why would a WC player want to kill WC troops? And why does Leviathan want to destroy ABI people, anyway?

If you refuse that path, you can't get past the first batch of WC (after the two by Leviathan) unless you have speed, in which case you can vault over. You can take out the next two squads, both ABI, if you're clever. The EMP pistol helped with the bots, by then I was Master with Pistols, so the guys went down in 1-2 hits with Alpha's service pistol. But nothing you have can take out the double doors at the end.

There's a trapdoor looking thing on the floor by Leviathan, but it's INF/INF, 'opensesame' doesn't open it, and I never got a key for it.

I know Scara doesn't mind so much his own people dying (they were stupid enough not to survive - he says as much when you're in the ABI catacombs) but should that scene really play off like that? It's a stupid part of the game, I know why you guys did it, it looks real cool to send this invincible mech through hell to clear a path, but it only really works for the game in the PDX line.

Barring a better way, my suggestion would be to have Leviathan active when you get there and have the player have to find another way around. As PDX you have to go through hell with those platoons of WC around, like the MiB and his guys. It's really not so hard as WC, so maybe an invincible military bot would be just the thing. With a viable way around, of course, maybe a tunnel with traps which opens near the MiB, but one of the WC guys killed by Leviathan has the key, or something.
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Leviathan as a WC player?

Post by DDL »

As Jonas has said elsewhere:
You work for WC: the fuck do you care about WC grunts?
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

My first time through (with PDX) I was told that the ABI troops were, in fact, not bad people - they just don't know who they're fighting against, and therefore are also shooting you.
So in the Leviathan part I knocked down all of them and carried them to safety (with the speed aug), and only then I unleashed the Leviathan. I was kind of disappointed when I found out there is no reward for it, since I was extra careful not to kill the ABI guys, and it did take a lot of time and effort.

I guess it's much like Deus Ex; ABI is the part from which on the game doesn't care whether you kill or knock unconscious any of the guys as long as you get the job done.
Laro24
NSF

Post by Laro24 »

Well, your clothes are orange, ABI Thinks you're with them. If you accept Ryan's offer the troops (only in labs) are on your side but the bots are still enemy.
You work for WC: the fuck do you care about WC grunts?
Well I don't care a shit about the thugs, honest say I just kill them but the commandos are better then they. :P
bAlert=true To ProtocolDescription=Deus Ex Protocol
Credits=500 send to User=Laro24

Xfire=True to User=Laro24
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We're aware that the Leviathan sequence is uncharacteristically mandatory, but we decided that just this once, it would be okay to force you through a scripted sequence since the payoff of watching the world's biggest robot blow his way through an army would be worth it. As for the WorldCorp storyline, I feel the Leviathan does a great job of showing what utter bastards WorldCorp are: working for WorldCorp, you'll sacrifice entire squads of your own people and nobody will even mention it, that's just standard operating procedure.
DDL wrote:You work for WC: the fuck do you care about WC grunts?
Amen.
Made in China wrote:I guess it's much like Deus Ex; ABI is the part from which on the game doesn't care whether you kill or knock unconscious any of the guys as long as you get the job done.
Not entirely true. It's true that you get no reward by then, but Kylie has a PM in the WorldCorp storyline that changes depending on how many people you've killed in the first three ABI levels, and when you talk to Ryan, the first few lines change if you've made it through the complex without being spotted by an enemy.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

DXNathan wrote:There's a trapdoor looking thing on the floor by Leviathan, but it's INF/INF, 'opensesame' doesn't open it, and I never got a key for it.
Wait? How the fuck did you even get to the Leviathan then, as the only way would be through the tunnel behind that trapdoor. You cheated the space-tech lab door open?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
DXNathan wrote:There's a trapdoor looking thing on the floor by Leviathan, but it's INF/INF, 'opensesame' doesn't open it, and I never got a key for it.
Wait? How the fuck did you even get to the Leviathan then, as the only way would be through the tunnel behind that trapdoor. You cheated the space-tech lab door open?
There is a key for both....somewhere.
Jonas wrote:and when you talk to Ryan, the first few lines change if you've made it through the complex without being spotted by an enemy.
Fuck me, that must be hard. :o
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Skilgannon wrote:There is a key for both....somewhere.
The key for the spacelabs is only next to the Leviathans console (behind the door it unlocks, it's just for easier backtracking...), and the key for the hatch can only be found in the Gibinator labs.
Unless there are some well hidden ones that I cannot find. Cannot quite remember what the key was near the ABI corpse in WC's loading bay after all...
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

No, there is a key for the spacelabs door somewhere before it, can't remember where though...

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Unless there are some well hidden ones that I cannot find. Cannot quite remember what the key was near the ABI corpse in WC's loading bay after all...
You fail in so many ways :P

That's the very key.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

:(

Okay, what about the location of the 3rd Gibinator battery? I found it my very first game, and never again... :/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Depends what you mean about the third gibinator battery: There is one charge in the weapon and two extra batteries to be found - one of them is only available in the PDX storyline and only under certain circumstances.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Hassat Hunter wrote::(

Okay, what about the location of the 3rd Gibinator battery? I found it my very first game, and never again... :/
Damn, Jonas beat me to it....

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

NOT the reward from Alpha, but the other one.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's in the same level as the weapon itself. Totally not saying precisely where :P

Oh it's filtered for difficulty btw.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine