Lots of questions.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Rex
Silhouette

Lots of questions.

Post by Rex »

First: where can i find money(have only 1500), mtools and picks(2 and 1 of them).
Next: will i find ammo for dual pistols often or should i save it for use further in game.
Next: will i be able to visit weapon shop often? I put most of things i don't use in my locker(granades, weapons, fire extinguishers ect.) and armors/suits/gas masks are hiden in shop to.
Next: i have found 5 red cells - 3 for dj - i have now 2 of them. Will i be able to find more or should i throw them away or hide in locker.
Next: I'm playing on esiest diff mode, will i be able to go throught game with Alpha's pistol, dual pistols and nano sword?
Next: How many skill point's will i get in like 2/3 of game completed? Will it be enouch to make master pistols, and andvanced computers/electronics and lockpicking?
Last: I puted topic here because i'm afreid most of replies would contain spoilers.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Lots of questions.

Post by JC_Helios »

1: Places. Just don't waste money on useless shit and don't use lock picks or multitools until you explore the area extensively. Often times there's a key, code, alternate route or the stuff behind the door is just crap. I'm a pack rat and I could throughly explore TNM while still keeping my supplies at max most of the time. TNM does require LP/MT a bit more often then Deus Ex did though, so you might want to upgrade those skills. Answer Money: do the quotes game with alpha, and do the side quests, the cults offer lots of money.

2:Again... I'm a pack rat so of course I think there's plenty because I could rarely force myself to even use them unless I was full of ammo and found an excess ammo box. If you patched your game you can buy ammo for the dual pistols in the vending machines.... there's a decent amount of ammo laying around though.

3:Yes. but your items will be purged when you enter a certain point in the game. (DXI)

4: If you use augs a lotand have the space keep them, if not chuck them.

5: It's a deus ex nod, you can make it through the game with foons and fists if you wanted.

6: At least enough to master one thing and by advanced in 1 or 2 others, prolly a few trained's too
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

3. What you mean by 'purged' ? They gone? Just. Like. That.?? DEI stands for Deus Ex Incarnate, riight?. If right then when i will enter this, will this be certain mission?
4. But will i find more?
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Rex wrote:3. What you mean by 'purged' ? They gone? Just. Like. That.?? DEI stands for Deus Ex Incarnate, riight?. If right then when i will enter this, will this be certain mission?
4. But will i find more?
DXI is indeed Deus Ex Incarnate, the immediate predecessor city-forum to PDXFC

As for purged, that means gone from the entire game. DXI is the break point. Figure out what you want to keep and what to junk before entering DXI, and also keep some free space in your inventory for what you have to find in DXI.

You do find power cells, both red and blue, around the place. How much you need them depends on your aug loadout and how heavilly you use your augs.

Jenifur Charne
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Okey, i will take all granades i can carry, and leve all equipment and weapon, i think nanosword, alphas pistol, dual pistols are enouch, yes? Also i found bunch of red energy cells. I have enouch credits to.

2 more: When and where i find the power recilculator aug. I killed dark telplar of goats, any reward for this?
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Rex wrote:Okey, i will take all granades i can carry, and leve all equipment and weapon, i think nanosword, alphas pistol, dual pistols are enouch, yes? Also i found bunch of red energy cells. I have enouch credits to.

2 more: When and where i find the power recilculator aug. I killed dark telplar of goats, any reward for this?
Think about equipment for getting past doors and stuff when you're in DXI. Grenades won't unlock doors or bypass security.

Your choice of weapons will prove... interesting... in DXI.

Killing Dark Templar doesn't net you any reward, as there's no specific mission that I am aware of where he is a target for termination. But if you are Llama aligned, then he is one of the Most Unholy Enemies of your Faith and as such deserves only one thing. Unmerciful termination.

Jenifur Charne
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

1. Hack ATM's (or find passwords), do missions, as mentioned Alpha's Quote Game.
2. Seeing you play easiest difficulty; PLENTY! But do use 1.0.2, as then each pack hold 4 bullets more than in 1.0.1 ;)
3. Yes. But as mentioned by others; watch out for the FC mapchange.
4. You will find more, but blue ones are far more plentifull, not to mention do not hurt. I personally tend to ignore them.
5. Yes. Same for the hardest possible difficulty :giggle:.
6. About 16000 extra. Combine that with the 5000 you already get at the start, and do the maths ;).
7. http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/Augmentation_Canister See number 8.
8. Yes. You will get a whole whooping 500 credits when you no longer need it (far farther into the game) :lol:.
Grenades won't unlock doors
Who needs to unlock doors when you can blow them up? You'll find plenty of LAM's in DXI anyway.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

By granades an leving equipment i meant leving gas masks, balistic protections, hazmats ect. I don't stored lockpicks and multis in locker.

Thanks for help, tho, i am in dxi and my choice of weapons is.. good enouch, if i need more firepower in future ill grab something from one of the guard.

But in dxi: I was in that main room with elevetor, the 1st we visit, was in this lava platforms place - spoken to ghost, was in place with destroyed elevator, we enter from 1st flor, on 2nd its security lasers and then room and on 3rd there is vent, and was in the ruins and place with security bots and metal detectors in enterance.

Is there any more places? Main room, room with bots an metal detects, lava platforms, ruins and this elevator place. Something more?

And how do i get keys and codes to doors in the room with technological bot and medium security bot. (room under vent that will crush when try to pass it).

nvm, no more questions yet, i have found keys and codes myself just a min after posting question. lol//
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Rex wrote:By granades an leving equipment i meant leving gas masks, balistic protections, hazmats ect. I don't stored lockpicks and multis in locker.
It's been done on occasion. Folks buying up big at the vending machines and storing their purchases in the locker, only to find an empty locker greeting them upon return from DXI.
Thanks for help, tho, i am in dxi and my choice of weapons is.. good enouch, if i need more firepower in future ill grab something from one of the guard.
But in dxi: I was in that main room with elevetor
That's DXI main entry
the 1st we visit, was in this lava platforms place - spoken to ghost
The DXI Caverns which leads to the DXI Moderator Control Room
was in place with destroyed elevator, we enter from 1st flor, on 2nd its security lasers and then room and on 3rd there is vent, and was in the ruins and place with security bots and metal detectors in enterance.
Is there any more places? Main room, room with bots an metal detects, lava platforms, ruins and this elevator place. Something more?
And how do i get keys and codes to doors in the room with technological bot and medium security bot. (room under vent that will crush when try to pass it).
That room you drop into is the main floor of the DXI Moderator Control Room.
nvm, no more questions yet, i have found keys and codes myself just a min after posting question. lol//
The DXI Cavern and DXI MCR are only 2 of the places in DXI you need to visit. There's more fun awaiting you in the DXI Headquarters with their server, and the DXI Ruins.

Jenifur Charne
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

In the PDX HQ, you can get one from Jonas as a reward for handling DXO. Or you could acquire it yourself before you've done that. Jonas won't be happy, though.

I found this aug in jonas lab, but how do iget it witout bypassing lock. And what dxo handling means? The ones in slums metro station? I got them leve withotu any violence.

Also staff is on evils table, he said i can take it, will it remain here or disapear after 1 or few misssions?

And i left few items in armory in hq, will they gone?

And to how many molotows stack.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Just like in DX, stuff left around in maps only stays consistent within a mission.

While the missions in TNM are generally far longer and larger (TNM has only 5 playable missions whereas DX has 15), they're still usually fairly easy to spot: whenever something involves some form of ostensibly irreversible map change (like being dropped off by a helicopter, as opposed to just using the metro system), then everything you don't have in your inventory will be gone.

So the transitions are
1)Entering the caverns of DXI
2)Returning to the surface
3)Leaving for ABI
4)Leaving for the space station
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Ok... get it, and if i kill scara before dxi he won't assault the city, blow bar and send zero presence?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Try it. But save first :giggle:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Rex wrote:Ok... get it, and if i kill scara before dxi he won't assault the city, blow bar and send zero presence?
That's right, he can't if he's dead. That's the ending I got first. Save first.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Will try on second playthrought or so. Next 2 questions:
How do i open tnm lvls, normal deus ed dont work?
Where is sheep of dxe!?!?! O_O Can't find it! - lol - found after posting question again.
Ok but other question now: will there be super extra big action fights? im now leaving for abi and i have my pimped out augs and pistols so.. i wana some action!
Also i suspect there is way to place 2 augs from one cannister. Like radar trans and cloak. Is that possible?