Dragon's tooth becomes un-pickup-able

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

ridgerunner
Thug

Dragon's tooth becomes un-pickup-able

Post by ridgerunner »

When fetching the Firestaff, I had to temporarily drop the DTS to make room in the inventory to fit it. I knew that I would have room later after ditching the spyware device onto the server, but when I came back to retrieve the sword, it was still there but had become "unselectable" and could not be picked up. I was pissed! The DTS is essential! (and I'm out $1500)

Reading the wiki, it sounds as though I'll have to beat one of the enemies who has one in order to get another one. Or can I spawn another one? (The wiki warns against spawning the DTS). I'm currently back in the corporate district talking with wolfie about the DXEditing mission...

I want my dragon's tooth sword back - Help!
MB: ASUS K8VSEDX, AMD Athlon64 3700+, 2GB SYSTEM RAM, VIDEO: GEForce 6200 256 MB RAM, WinXP Pro SP2, DeusEx: v1.112fm 2001-03-19 12:06:14
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Dragon's tooth becomes un-pickup-able

Post by Kee715 »

When you go to DXI the maps change, ANYTHING you leave behind will be lost. The DTS being there sounds like a bug as it should have disappeared.
ridgerunner
Thug

Post by ridgerunner »

But I never left DXI. All I did was go and place the spyware device on the server then came back.
MB: ASUS K8VSEDX, AMD Athlon64 3700+, 2GB SYSTEM RAM, VIDEO: GEForce 6200 256 MB RAM, WinXP Pro SP2, DeusEx: v1.112fm 2001-03-19 12:06:14
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah don't mind Kee715, he seems to be jumping to conclusions ;)

Dunno what would cause it to be unpickupable, I assume you've tried clearing out your inventory completely to see if that helps? Otherwise just type "summon weapontnmnanosword" and all should be well.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ridgerunner
Thug

Post by ridgerunner »

Thanks Jonas.

BTW - it took a while, but this game's now got me completely and hopelessly hooked. Thanks for the "as-good-or-better-than-the-original-DX" gameplay! (The shadowcode level was suburb). But I do sorely miss inventory stacking!
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jonas wrote:Yeah don't mind Kee715, he seems to be jumping to conclusions ;)
Sorry, I try not to assume anything. I must have misread what was typed. :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey no problem, you're just trying to help :giggle:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Heft
Mole Person

Post by Heft »

I had a similar problem at the same part. I needed to pick up the staff, and took the time to re-arrange some stuff (since I'd also just found ZP's rifle, and wanted room for that too). Dropped a few things, intending to pick them back up, and then I couldn't. Wasn't a big deal, I had a quick save right before that and I maybe dropped them in a different spot or timed it differently, I can't honestly remember.

But it wasn't just you. :P
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

This was mentioned in one of the bug topics, with pictures and everything.... Something to do with the admin office having screwy floors.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Yes, it's actually a BSP error of some sort. We know about it (I think Jonas just forgot) but haven't been able to repair it, yet.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

As for the warning against spawning the dragons tooth: I haven't read it but I'd image its a warning to make sure you spawn the tnm version of the weapon rather than the deus ex version.