Sol's bar locked after taking instructions from notebook?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

paralaje
Thug

Sol's bar locked after taking instructions from notebook?

Post by paralaje »

So I just started playing TNM a couple hours back and I got to the point when you have the money to buy the subway pass and you get offered a free one from Sara B King.
Anyway, I got the instructions to go to the bar and take a disk from Alpha, but the bar is locked with INF/INF lock strength and there was no information regarding a key/password to gain access. So my question is Did I miss something? Is this a bug?
I forgot to mention I'm using the latest patch in case that's important.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Sol's bar locked after taking instructions from notebook?

Post by Jaedar »

If you kill somebody in the bar, the door locks, irrevocably. In the Original version of the game, there was a bug that would lock the bar anyways, but since you say you patched it, you must have killed somebody.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
paralaje
Thug

Post by paralaje »

Well that makes sense, except the bar isn't locked until after I listen to the notebook's message. Also I double checked and I'm sure I did not kill anyone.
EDIT: When I first installed TNM I forgot to install the patch, and then, after installing, I forgot to start a new game. Yes, I'm stupid. I bet this is the cause of the problem. I'll try to confirm when I can start over and get to the point I am now.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

paralaje wrote:Well that makes sense, except the bar isn't locked until after I listen to the notebook's message. Also I double checked and I'm sure I did not kill anyone.
EDIT: When I first installed TNM I forgot to install the patch, and then, after installing, I forgot to start a new game. Yes, I'm stupid. I bet this is the cause of the problem. I'll try to confirm when I can start over and get to the point I am now.
Wait, instead use the cheat "opensesame" on the bar door, should fix it. ("t" to open cheat dialogue, erase the say part, and target the door.)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Though since you haven't got that far in the game, starting over may be the best solution.

And the door doesn't lock until you leave the Downtown map and re-enter it. Some time has to pass before they shut the place down, after all.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
paralaje
Thug

Post by paralaje »

I started over even though I could open the door using that cheat code, mostly because I wasn't too far into the game and doing so should prevent future problems. The thing is this time I didn't even get conversation with Skara B King telling me to go the apartment building. I don't really mind as I was planning on buying the ticket anyway. Alpha is a nice NPC and I didn't want to knock him out just to save 1000 credits.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Scara's mission is triggered if you earn a total of 1500 credits before you buy the subway pass.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

There are specific requirements that have to be met to get that PM, it only plays if you might need it, I guess you didn't, this time :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

paralaje wrote:Alpha is a nice NPC and I didn't want to knock him out just to save 1000 credits.
Alpha is NOT a nice NPC. He is a business problem in Downtown that needs to be resolved by WC.
Added to that, the doorperson at Sol's; Jackie; is guilty of withholding evidence on a known terrorist organization.
So all in all, Sol's is a business that is surplus to requirements for Downtown.

Jenifur Charne